Saturday, November 21, 2009

You Lift Me Up!



I was recently awarded this amazing "Uplifting Blogger Award" from Carolyn at Book Chick City. Carolyn is the source of more than a few of my awards, and I am ever so grateful and thankful that I've had the pleasure of interacting with her online. You would never know she just started her blog in July. She has a professionally designed site with content to match. Author interviews, giveaways and excellent reviews were a part of her blog from the get-go. If you haven't met Carolyn, go take a look. You'll want to be a part of her daily energy and passion!

So, who in the world would not want to be handed an award such as this? The thought of my blog uplifting someone's day is not only bewildering to me, it makes my drivel seem worth it, you know? Of all the blogs I follow, they each add different elements to my day. Friendship, support, laughter, serious book reviews, and fun. I gave some thought to those blogs that uplift me - even before I open their post, I know this is what I'm going to get. So without further ado, here are the blogs that consistently pull me out of my doldrums. I've added a song at the end of the post that blows me away every time I hear it. Give it a listen perhaps:

Susan @ Bear Swamp Reflections: For her loving, gentle spirit, her joy in the outdoors, cooking and her grandchildren

Ti @ Book Chatter: For her positive attitude that shines through every post, and her regular feature in which she confesses her sins



ds @ Third-Storey Window: For her thoughtful concern and interest in all her followers, and her poetry, which always comes at the most perfect time


Alice @ Hello My Name is Alice: For her absolutely STUNNING photography and sweet nature


Amy @ The House of Seven Tails: For her friendly demeanor and her adorable cats



































Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwoole

12 comments:

Beth F said...

Congrats -- that's a terrific award!!!

JoAnn said...

Congrats, Sandy - this is definitely an award you deserve!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Congrats - what a nice award! I love the button!

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations! Your blog and your great comments lift everyone up every day so you certainly deserve this award!

Ana S. said...

Aww, what a lovely award! Congratulations, Sandy! Very well-deserved.

The Bumbles said...

Uplifting blogs - i.e. blogs with posts that I look forward to on a regular basis which improve my mood - like yours are terrific. Silly ones and ranting ones are well and good, but the ones that make me happy inside are the ones I like the best. I agree with your choices too - except Ti is new to me. Thanks for the intro.

Cathy said...

Absolutely, you deserve this award! I'll take a peek at the others, too.

Susan said...

Awww Sandy! Thank you for those sweet words you said about me and let me say, your posts always uplift me, even if I don't comment on them all, because sometimes I just don't have anything intelligent to add. You have such a positive outlook on life and seem like a really fun person to be around. I hope someday to discover all your lovely traits in person!

p.s. I would have commented earlier, but I've had 3 of the 5 mentioned grandchildren all night and all day today. I'm exhausted!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sandy!

And thank you for the honor. You are so sweet and I am a huge fan of you and your blog!

Melody said...

Congrats on the award, Sandy!
It's very well-deserved!!

ds said...

Oh, Sandy, you SO deserve this; I always smile as I read your blog, no matter what the topic. Thank you for being here and especially for being you!

Thanks also for the kind thoughts and words. You are too sweet!

Alice said...

Congratulations, Sandy! I'm so happy you passed it on to me and the other wonderful bloggers as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

P/S: You give the most thoughtful comments all the time.