Saturday, November 7, 2009

How about a game of BINGO!




Have I told you all lately how blessed I feel to have found such a friendly universe out in blogland? Here is another example of it...an award I received from Gavin at Page 247. Gavin wandered onto my blog earlier this year because of our shared love for WWII novels. Since then, I've come to realize that Gavin's interests go way beyond WWII. She will read and review books you will never find in your day-to-day life, but are inspirational and educational and eclectic.

Gavin nominated me for the "N" part of the Bingo...as in Neighborly. Thank you so much! I'm blushing. Here are all of the portions of the Bingo in which I am to assign names:

B - Beautiful: Dolce Bellezza. The name says it all. Everything about Bellezza's blog is beautiful...her pictures, her writing, her stories about her third grade class, and her warm heart.

I - Informative: Tasha @ Heidenkind. I should be shot if I give this award to anyone else. Who has seen Tasha's series entitled "The More You Wish You Didn't Know"? This girl has got informative in the bag.

N - Neighborly: Jenners @ Find Your Next Book Here. Almost as soon as I added her to my blogroll (I'll thank BBAW for that!), she immediately started leaving me friendly, chatty e-mails that were a total hoot! She was an instant friend.

G - Gorgeous: Andreea @ Passionate Booklover. I discovered Andreea right after she moved here from Europe and started her blog. I have no idea what she actually looks like, but she has a gorgeous personality, AND she is about to have a baby. That counts for a few hundred points in my book.

O - Outstanding: Frances @ Nonsuch Book. I'm not sure I can do Frances justice by just saying she is outstanding. Outstanding in what, you ask? Well, just to name a few things, her writing is superb, as well as her literary analysis, her taste in books, her efforts in bringing books to all walks of life, and her love for wine. What else do you need?


For my dedication video, I thought I would share a little "ear worm" (term stolen from Stephen King) that was implanted in my brain awhile back by Jennifer at Literate Housewife. This song happened to be a favorite of hers, she imbedded it into a post, I listened to it, then couldn't get it out. I've since made peace with the ear worm, downloaded it on my iPod and listen whenever I need a pick-me-up. This is "Love Letter from Japan" by The Bird and the Bee:


The Bird & The Bee - Love Letter To Japan

the bird and the beeMySpace Music Videos





14 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Off to check out your award winners now.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, you are so sweet to think of me in this way and bestow the BINGO award on my blog. I love blogging with you, and sharing our love of books, and thinking about the wonderful offer we got from the furniture company! :)

Gavin said...

Sandy - Thanks for the sweet comments! You are one of the bloggers who helped me feel welcome in this great, world-wide blogging community.

Ana S. said...

Those are some wonderful choices, Sandy. And congratulations on getting the award yourself!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sandy! You personify neighborly and so many other wonderful things. I am familiar with Nonsuch books and I agree with you that Frances' blog and she, herself, are Outstanding. Jenners from Find Your Next Book Here has a fantastic blog and is one of the friendliest and funniest bloggers around. Literate Housewife is an amazing blogger and I'm constantly impressed by her blog.
I don't know that other blogs you awarded so I am off to happily acquaint myself with them.

This is a great post, Sandy!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on your award. You are definitely the kind of neighbor we would all want to have! Thanks to you I just discovered another blog for my reader (the N in your BINGO) that I don't already have! Thank you for that!

Heidenkind said...

Congratulations on your award, Sandy, and thank you so much for passing it on to me. <3

Christa Visperas said...

Hi, nice blog you have here! Please keep on writing. I am now a follower.

I have a book blog myself. Pleack check it out:

Creative Views

and if you like it enough, please follow!

Have a nice day!

ds said...

Congratulations!Excellent choices as well. Now to explore the two I don't know...

Alice said...

Congratulations, Sandy! If you're my real neighbor, I'd be very happy!

Melody said...

Congrats on your award, Sandy! It'd be great if we are neighbours! :P

Jenners said...

Oh, how sweet! Thank you so much ... I feel like Mr. Rogers! "Won't you be my neighbor?"

Blogland is such a lovely and welcoming place isn't it? I'm glad we found each other via BBAW!

Frances said...

Just getting caught up and saw this. So amazingly sweet and so appreciated! And such a good example of how neighborly you really are. Always spreading the blogging love. Over a good glass of wine. Many, many thanks and congrats to you as well.

Serena said...

Congrats to you and your winners!