Friday, November 20, 2009

100 Mile Fitness Challenge Update: November 13 - 19


Happy Friday, my friends! It is time for my weekly update on the 100 Mile Fitness Challenge. When we last spoke I was precariously perched four miles short of the 100. With the help of some great weather, and my routine intact, I broke through the tape (the first tape at least). I walked 15 miles, bringing my total to 111.

I intend to continue pursuing the challenge, with the hope of at least hitting 150 miles. I had hoped to even maybe hit 200, but I'm not sure if that is feasible. Here will be my challenges:

Next week, my kids are home, so I won't be able to take off on my five mile walks. I will most likely be relying on my elliptical trainer in the early mornings. After Thanksgiving, I go into high gear with Christmas...shopping, decorating, parties. This will be a diversion that will be hard to avoid. At the very least, I'm thinking that I will wear my pedometer, and do some mall-walking along with my shopping errands.


Make sure you stop by Trish's to give her your update! How are you doing with this challenge? Any tips you'd like to share to get us all through the holidays?


12 comments:

JoAnn said...

Things always get crazy after Thanksgiving - congratulations on making it to 100 early!

bermudaonion said...

I'm so impressed! Keep it up!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on meeting the target! Good luck with keeping it up!

Alyce said...

Congratulations on breaking the 100 mile goal!

Melissa said...

Congrats on making your first goal!

Beth F said...

Woo Hoo!!! I'm hoping for 150 too, but you know how it is with the holidays. Difficult to find the time.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're a champion! You've done so well and I have no doubts you will keep it up! :))

Kathleen said...

Way to go...congrats on making it to the 100 mark!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! YOu are kicking butt :) I've only managed 38 miles so far ;( It'll be down to the wire for me. Have a great Thanksgiving with your family.

Alice said...

Accccck! I still haven't stop by Trish's to give update. I still like 11 days or so to make the 100 miles. Getting there... Good luck in achieving your 150/200 miles!

Serena said...

Congrats on reaching beyond 100 miles. I think mall walking is a great idea...and who knows, maybe the kids will want to spend time with you on a 5 mile walk!