Friday, November 13, 2009

100 Mile Fitness Challenge Update: November 6 - 12


I am so happy to tell you that in all categories, this has been a much better week for me! With the 20 mile goal in sight, I hit the ground running on Sunday, and plugged right on through the week, rain or shine.

We had some residual junk that spun off from Tropical Storm Ida, but was more annoying than prohibitive. In fact, when I took off on my walk Wednesday morning, it was raining just a little. I grabbed my windbreaker, defying the weather Gods to try and stop me. They didn't. Eventually they gave up.

The bottom line is that I did hit my 20 miles, bringing my total miles to 96! Next week should be an equally exceptional week, with a forecast of beautiful weather and few other foreseen obstacles, and sort of the last hoo-rah before the busy holiday season invades!

Make sure you check in with Trish for your updates!

15 comments:

Beth F said...

Woo Hoo!!! You go! I went away last weekend and it put my walking well behind. But I'm doing just fine this week.

Unknown said...

Fantastic, Sandy! You are doing great with the exercise and walking! Glad to hear your weather next week is supposed to be much better!
Keep up the terrific work!

JoAnn said...

Hurray for Sandy!!

ds said...

No weather god would dare to stand up to you, Sandy. Way to go!

Unknown said...

That's just fab Sandy. Well done you! :)

Anna said...

Congrats! You're doing awesome.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

bermudaonion said...

I'm so impressed! You're doing fantastic! Now I'm wishing I'd signed up for this one.

Iliana said...

You go girl! :)

The Bumbles said...

Never met a challenge whose ass you didn't kick, have you?

Do you have a pedometer? We brought one on vacation with us one time (not a beach lounging one, a walking city one) and were amazed at how much ground we covered. Same thing in day to day life. When you see the numbers you start wondering how to make them go up, up, up. Great motivator - not that you need one.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Yay! Congratulations on the 96 - 4 more will be like nothing!

Melissa said...

Congrats on making your goal this week!

Kathleen said...

Wow...congrats! You are doing great! Glad to hear the weather will be good so you can enjoy being outside and getting your remaining miles in!

Shore Debris said...

Wow! You're doing great! I didn't do so well against Ida... apparently I washed my waterproof windbreaker with fabric softner so it is no longer waterproof... the wet rat look completely messed me up on Thursday and Friday.

Alice said...

Very well done, Sandy! Way to go!

Serena said...

You Go, Girl! WOOHOO!