Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday Salon: Have a Blessed Easter!


Happy happy Easter! My family decided to attend sunrise mass this morning (6am!), as there is really no better time to appreciate the presence of God than in a Florida sunrise, the smell of blooming orange blossoms, and birdsong. So I opted to do my chatting with you on Saturday evening, so I could fully focus on my Sunday priorities.

The end of March brought the end of the 100 Mile Fitness Challenge, hosted by Trish, which ran January 1st through March 31st. Thanks to the Game On Diet, I was required to exercise 6 days a week, so I kicked the challenge to the curb in January and February. Everything unraveled in March however. After we returned from Maui, I had to play catch-up on house "stuff" including the final stages of my bathroom renovation, shuttle my daughter to volleyball practice and games, and set up and run the Book Fair. All that aside, I still managed to exercise 249 miles, and lose almost 20 pounds! Woo hoo!

So after rising from the ashes of the Book Fair, I have reclaimed my life. I cleaned the house, exercised, and read like a fool! I finished "We Need to Talk About Kevin", as well as Jacqueline Woodson's "Behind You", the sequel to "If You Come Softly". (Keep the tissues at the ready for that one!) I'm also about halfway through the review copy of "Facebook Fairytales: Modern-Day Miracles to Inspire the Human Spirit". In my audio world, I finished "Their Eyes Are Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston (awesome), my next Book Club read "Look Again" by Lisa Scottoline (not all that awesome), and started "Let the Great World Spin" by Colum McCann. The kids and I FINALLY finished the 5th Harry Potter and swiftly moved on to the 6th. It was reading gluttony!

On Friday, my husband and I purged our bookshelves, and made room for all of my lovelies that were double-shelved and piled on the floor. It is a beautiful thing - I feel so invigorated! As a result, I have a stack of books that I intend to give away to you over the next few months. Stay tuned!

Our spring break started this past Thursday and continues through next week, so I look forward to playing with the kids. We have already done some shopping and a movie (How to Train Your Dragon) and are planning more shopping and more movies, a day-trip to the beach, some sleepovers, a trip or two to Universal, and the 24-hour read-a-thon. It is going to be an awesome week!

I wish you all a beautiful, blessed Easter!!!!




25 comments:

Harvee said...

I have to go to church too, but later in the morning! Happy Easter!
My Sunday Salon.

Ana S. said...

Happy Easter, Sandy!

Julie P. said...

You just go a mile a minute! Have a special Easter.

Molly said...

Happy Easter to you, Sandy! I hope to one day experience a sunrise Easter service in Florida, complete with the scent of orange blossoms :)

Congratulations to you!! Losing twenty pounds and walking 250 miles is a fantabulous first quarter! My walking has become non-existent in March, but I want to start again tomorrow to prepare for my summer excursions in the English countryside.

Cathy said...

Bless you on Easter, Sandy! You are a constant inspiration to me. I am so glad to have met you in the blogosphere.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I loved Behind You, but didn't need as many tissues as If You Come Softly!

Congrats on the 20 pounds - that's sensational!

Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

A very happy Easter to you as well.

JoAnn said...

Happy Easter, Sandy! There is NO WAY I could ever get my family up and ready for sunrise mass. I'm a little envious...

Chelle said...

I wish there were midnight services because I could actually make those (being a night person). How did you/your kids like How to Train Your Dragon? Happy Easter!

Trisha said...

Wow, congratulations on the weight loss! I failed miserably in my weight loss goals. Bad Trisha! Happy Easter!

bermudaonion said...

You totally rocked the diet and exercise! Way to go!

Happy Easter to you and your family! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

Oh congrats Sandy and Happy Easter!

Kathleen said...

Happy Easter! Sounds like you have already started your "spring" cleaning! And 20 pounds? You go girl!!!

Ti said...

Happy Easter Sandy!

We have started Spring Break here as well. I cleaned out my bookshelves and created a reading "nook" which I am pleased about, even if it doesn't include my dream chair. I also created a craft station in the garage which numerous tables and creative spaces so perhaps I will actually USE my supplies instead of just stare at them.

Darlene said...

Have a wonderful Easter Sandy. I love what you said about no better way of appreciating God than in all those wonderful things including family. How right you are. Have a great week!

Alyce said...

Congrats on the weight loss and exercise - that's awesome! Hope the rest of your spring break continues to be good!

Melody said...

Congrats on the fitness challenge, you go girl!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to hear what you'll think of How to Train Your Dragon.

Heidenkind said...

I cleared out my bookshelves this last week, too! It feels so nice to a cleaner floor (there are still books piled on the floor, of course, just not as many).

Alice said...

Blessed Easter to you and your family, Sandy!

Look at all the miles you've covered! 249 miles is phenomenal! I completed the challenge as well only half of all the miles you've covered.

Speaking of purging the bookshelves, I think I need to do the same too. I was organizing my magazines during the weekend.

Andreea said...

Happy Easter to you and your family, Sandy!

Serena said...

Sounds like a busy Easter weekend for you! But you've got a lot accomplished. I hope you had a great Easter!

Zibilee said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! Also, congratulations on the awesome loss of 20 lbs! Our kids just finished their spring break vacation, so the house is finally quiet again! It also sounds like you got an incredible amount of reading done over the past week, and I am envious! I hope you have fun with the kids this week and that you get a lot of good reading done! Have a great week!

Anna said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. :)

I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts on We Need to Talk About Kevin. What a heavy book!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Iliana said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter Sandy!

Now you know what this post is missing? A picture of those shelves you purged!! :)

congrats on the 20 lbs. That's fantastic.

Jenners said...

Wow! You are amazing!!! And 20 pounds? That is terrific! I don't see how you manage to do all that you do but yay for you!