Saturday, April 10, 2010

24 Hour Read-a-thon: Hour 11 and Mini Challenge Malaise







I'm back! It is now Hour 11, and we have had a little break. I desperately needed a shower and we went to church. The kids also had to blow off some steam so they played volleyball outside. We have organized ourselves back in the usual position and are gearing up for the evening edition.

I finally finished The Summer of Moonlight Secrets and have started Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin. I have half-heartedly attempted several mini-challenges but failed. I couldn't get the push-pin to work in marking the location of my book (Edinburgh Scotland) and I didn't have any pictures of any of my elders reading to me when I was small. I also wasn't willing to take a picture of the panties I might throw at my favorite author either. Hmph. But I'll keep trying! I am feeling mightily uncreative.


Here are our stats:

Emma: 185 pages
Ryan: 95 pages
Sandy: 210 pages











I took a little walk outside, and had to share a picture of our blooming tree. It brightens my day every time I see it! It certainly got the cobwebs out of my brain! (Hey, I think that just qualified for a mini challenge! Woo hoo!)


























8 comments:

kikiv68 said...

"A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is- full of surprises", by Isaac Bashevis Singer. I hope your day is full of book surprises. Happy Reading!
Readthon Cheeleader and Follower

Anonymous said...

I like books
I really do.
Books with stories
And pictures, too. (Author unknown)

Hoe you're enjoying all the people you've meant and places you've visited in your reading today.

That tree is beautiful.

Ti said...

That tree is beautiful. Everything is blooming here as well. I wish you luck Sandy. The evening hours of read-a-thon are always the hardest for me. Not due to exhaustion but just being lonely. Doesn't look like that will be a problem for you since you are reading a group!

I am not doing it this time around. Decided to take a break from it.

Anonymous said...

Books are awesome
Books are great
Congratulations on reading so much
You all are first rate!

bermudaonion said...

It sounds like y'all are having fun! Beauty in nature always makes me thankful.

Kathleen said...

You guys are doing AWESOME and going outside was a great idea. Being out in nature always clears my head and makes me feel better!

Stephanie said...

I love that you did the read-a-thon with your family!! :)

Serena said...

This looks like so much fun...maybe Anna and I will snag your whiteboard idea for next time.