Saturday, April 10, 2010

24 Hour Read-a-thon: Hour 5 and Feed Me Seymore Mini Challenge


It took five hours for the fighting to break out. We had peace on earth, until just 10 or 15 minutes ago. We were logging in our pages read and a dispute erupted over how many pages my son had exactly read. There was an accusation of cheating, mean names passed back and forth, tears, and threats of leaving. Danger has been averted though and all is well again at the Nawrot house.

Nicole is hosting a mini-challenge in Hour 5, asking us to include some quotes involving food. No problem here for me. The book I am reading, called "The Summer of Moonlight Secrets" was originally entitled "The Summer of Blueberry Goodness", so there is alot of material here! Here is a sample:

He takes the cover off a buffet pan and serves Sophie and me blueberry pancakes, silver dollar size. They look like cookies. I pick one up with my fingers and eat it whole. "Excellent," I say with my mouth full. "Doesn't even need syrup."

MMMMM. OK, now here is an excerpt from Emma's current read, The Purloined Boy:

Each picked up a wooden bowl and walked past serving tables where adults ladled out watery gruel.

Uh...not so yummy. Anyway, I don't really have pictures of any food, beyond my original post with the brownies. Lunch will be served a little later!


9 comments:

Kailana said...

lol It might get worse as people get tired! Happy Reading!

bermudaonion said...

Hey, 5 hours of peace is pretty good!

Kathleen said...

If you got all the way to hour 5 with no fights you did pretty good! LOL. I'll take the waffles over that watery gruel any day!

Beth F said...

Sun or rain or snow
Both sides of the equator
All are lost in books

Haiku #12 (inspired by Dawn @ She Is Too Fond of Books)fec

Anna said...

Sounds like you're having similar issues. The Girl was arguing with me about wanting more room on the couch when she actually was sitting on me. LOL She decided to stretch out on Serena's bed to read...and she's been napping for the past 90 minutes. Well, at least it's quiet now that the husbands have gone to play basketball.

Keep reading, and keep having fun!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Serena said...

Looks like you are making great headway
Keep up the reading, don’t let that head sway
Eyes on the page and coffee in hand
You’ll be entering a new land.

GO READER!

Nise' said...

Hope the fight has been resolved! Blueberry pancakes sound delicious, I must be hungry again.

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh! Hope it's smooth sailing for awhile!

Serena said...

Five hours is a good record...at least I think so.