Saturday, April 10, 2010

24 Hour Read-a-thon: Hour 4 and Mini Challenge


Moving into Hour 4 of the Read-a-thon, I must say I'm quite impressed with my kids. I figured by now my son would be back at our house playing video games! Emma has finished her first book which she started a few days ago and Ryan is close to finishing his. Here are our page counts so far:



Emma: 81 pages
Ryan: 64 pages
Me: 75 pages

Not real high counts, but of course I took a little time out for blogging and the kids have dipped into the snacks! This hour's Mini Challenge from Bart is to turn to your bookshelf and construct a sentence from book titles. Because I am at my parents' house, I am limited to our TBR stacks, which made it a little challenging! But here you go:

















The outsiders breathe precious knots and crosses.

Makes a whole lot of sense, huh? Hey, I'm just doing what I'm told!

Happy reading everyone! I'm about to finish my book, so I must run...














6 comments:

Bekah said...

I love your sentence. I have my whole library and it was still tough! happy reading.

Kathleen said...

You guys are doing fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Frances said...

There's a certain poetry to it, Sandy. Like it.

Way to go to those great kids of yours! And you too of course. Go Nawrot family!!

Unknown said...

I like it. Have fun reading today.

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about trying Ian Rankin - I look forward to finding out if you think he is any good.

Serena said...

I like the sentence...very unique!