Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Premio Splashdown


I was recently awarded the Splash award by Desert Rose Booklogue. I think at least half of my awards have come from you Desert Rose...thank you so much! If you haven't checked out her blog, you must. She reads such a wide array of books, and provides such thoughtful reviews, you will soon become a daily visitor like me!

The Splash Award is an award given to "alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring blogs". I should be so flattered to fall into this category!

My nominees for the Splash Award are:

ds from Third Storey Window
Wendy from Musings from a Bookish Kitty
Gavin at Page 247


Immediately after receiving the Splash award, I also was awarded the elusive Premio Dardos Award (one that I'd been coveting for awhile) from Melody of Melody's Reading Corner. Melody's blog is another one that I visit sometimes several times a day, depending on what cool things she's posting. Check her out! This award is described as such:

"This award is for bloggers who distinguish themselves for showing cultural values, ethics, great and fun writing skills, as well individual values, through their creative writing."

I've always thought this was a pretty cool award, and am thankful to Melody for believing that I fit the bill!

I have been bestowing so much love on all my fellow bloggers, I thought I would divert a little from my m.o., and nominate the following people for this award:

Kathie from Kathie Smith - aka my sister, keeps one amazing blog revolving around movies, primarily indie ones. We had approximately the same teachers growing up, so I am wondering how she became such a wonderful writer, and it didn't so much rub off on me! She's not all that into these awards, but I'm giving it to her anyway!

Danette from Summer Friend - I am having way too much fun reading Danette's blog. She is an author of a YA novel I read recently, "Violet Raines Almost Got Struck By Lightning". She is an amazingly creative writer, has great links and insight to the world of a writer, but also obsesses over Adam Lambert in American Idol and loves U2. Check out her blog and fall in love with her!

17 comments:

Serena said...

Congrats on your awards.

On another note, have you changed your font color? On my computer screen it looks white on a yellow background and I am having trouble reading it.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thanks for the head's up Serena! No I did not change anything, but would like to rip my hair out because I will occasionally get comments that people can't read my blog, depending on their browser. I have tried to fix it, but am basically inept when it comes to anything html. It is very frustrating. If I thought I could pull it off, I would just freakin' hire somebody to fix it for me...

Danette Haworth said...

All right! Thank you, Sandy!

Gavin said...

Congratulations on both your awards and thanks for thinking of me. I can now read your font so what ever happened it worked for me!

Gavin said...

Plus, I can't wait to hear what you think of Resistance.

ds said...

CONGRATULATIONS on these awards, Sandy! You have absolutely earned them both--be proud.

Thank you for thinking of me; I am deeply touched.

Serena said...

Wow, looks better...thanks. I think this is back to where you wanted it. :)

Melody said...

Congrats on the awards, Sandy! They're well-deserved!! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You really deserve the awards - I love reading your blog!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thanks everybody! You are all so kind!

Gavin, I am totally loving Resistance. I should have it wrapped up within the next few days.

Serena, I am way too impressed with myself for words. I can't believe I fixed the damn thing, finally!

Iliana said...

Congrats on your awards, Sandy!

And, off topic but I'm with Serena, I can read your blog perfectly now. I used only be able to read it via bloglines. So whatever you did, it worked perfectly :)

Michele said...

Primo Splashdown, LOL...very funny stuff there.

Congrats, Sandy...you deserve each and every award out there and more!

Literary Feline said...

Thank you so much, Sandy! You've made my day. :-)

Beth F said...

Congrats on your awards! And now I have a couple of new blogs to check out. Always fun.

Matt said...

Now that you have been graced all these awards means you're no longer a rookie book blogger. Congratulation to you for a great headstart. It's a joy reading your posts and your comments.

Frances said...

You deserve all the awards that come your way! You have an amazing sense of community, and a comment from you on my blog is always a smile on my face. Can't wait to read through your blog more thoroughly now that I can read it! YIPPEE! No more white text. Happy day!

Desert Rose said...

Thanks for the kind words Sandy.. I really appreciate it.. You so deserve these awards :)
plus you are a very loyal visitor to my blog I appreciate that very much!
Although I visit here a lot I don't comment that much.. much to my dismay, but I will put more effort :)