Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Movie Meme - Get Your Popcorn...

Today's Monday Movie Meme from The Bumbles is all about the big profit-maker of the movie theaters...the concessions! Here what Molly and Andy have to say:

See our happy logo for the Monday Movie Meme? It is a shot of the "Dancing Concessions" that used to play before every movie for one of the big theaters that has probably since gone out of business. It was their way of reminding everyone to get up and go spend money on snacks and drinks before the movie started - as if we hadn't already remembered to do this on our way in. The allure of buttered popcorn is pretty strong after all. Movies and snacks go hand in hand - whether you watch from home or out on the big screen. Here are our favorite movie snacks. What are yours?

After last week's brain teaser, this one is pretty easy, huh? If I were not worried about counting calories, getting hulls in my teeth and experiencing the wrath of my dental hygienist, this is what I would have at the movies every time:

Popcorn, with a nice healthy dose of butter














A big box of Junior Mints











And a tall glass of something caffienated

9 comments:

caite said...

I can skip the soda (OK, I sneak my own 24oz. bottle in) and I can skip the Junior mints...but I must have the POPCORN!
and I will pay the ridiculous price for it, popcorn fool that I am.

ds said...

Popcorn, all the way. With a veryunhealthy dose of butter, and salt.

The Bumbles said...

Junior Mints make me think of Seinfeld every time :0)

Melissa said...

Popcorn is good, but my favorite movie food is Hot Tamales. I love them!

Melody said...

I always make sure to have my snacks ready before walking into the dark theater. ;) Popcorn is a must!!! But I'd go for chips too just for a change.

Literary Feline said...

My husband and I almost always get pretzels when we go to the movie theater. We used to get a small soda and share it between us, but since I had to give up carbonated and caffeinated drinks last year, I either sneak in a bottle of water or we buy one while there.

Carrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, I knew we were kindred spirits - my choice of movie snacks is exactly the same as yours!

Matt said...

I skip the soda as well, but I like kettle corn, which is rare. I usually go to theaters where concession stand carry this sweet popcorn. :)

Kim K said...

Must have the largest bottomless bucket of buttery salty popcorn! With the big-gulp soda, of course! And when you think you can't eat anymore, it's time to refill the bucket!! Yum!! I want some right now!!