Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Movie Meme - You gotta have faith!


This week, the Bumbles have asked us to come up with movies that restore our faith. If we want to restore our faith in our country, we watch "Miracle". If we want to restore our faith in humanity, we watch "Schindler's List". You get the idea. These Bumbles just get trickier and trickier! This one was not so easy. After much thought, here are some of my inspirations:

The Killing Fields - in overcoming all odds, and the determination to survive
Shawshank Redemption - in the power of hope
Hoosiers - in the religion of basketball in Indiana
Rudy - in the belief in yourself
The Wizard of Oz - in the comfort of home

9 comments:

Beth F said...

Good ones! I guess the list depends on what you want to be inspired about.

I watch Viggo for a different kind of inspiration (LOL!!!!!)

Carrie K. said...

I love Rudy - I need to show that one to my kids.

ds said...

That's a great list, though I'm not familiar with Rudy. Mr.Long-Suffering loves Shawshank Redemption.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Beth - haha! I forgot to add a Viggo movie to inspire me!

Carrie - My kids LOVE Rudy! They have watched it at least a dozen times.

ds - Shawshank is one of those movies that I will stop and watch if I see it on TV, even if I've already seen it a few dozen times. I find it so hopeful and inspiring. Even better that Stephen King wrote it. Rudy is a must see...

The Bumbles said...

Perfect! I love all your choices - you had more success than we did at coming up with the categories.

Melissa said...

Every time I read your Monday Movie Meme I realize I need to spend more time watching movies. I've only seen Oz from your list!

Daisy said...

Oh nice list! It is indeed a challenging topic. And I have yet to see Hoosiers. I am interested in foreign films lately...

Literary Feline said...

My husband thought of Shawshank Redemption for this week's meme too. :-) Great response. I couldn't think of anything for this one and so didn't play along.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Bumbles - this was one of the more touger ones you have come up with. I struggled! I didn't think my categories were as good as yours, but there you go!

Melissa - there isn't a bad movie on my list here. Close your eyes and pick one, and you won't be disappointed!

Daisy - I love foreign film. I get on big foreign film jags, so I understand. Hoosiers was especially poignant for me since I grew up there. Even high school ball there inspires religious fervor.

Wendy - yes, Shawshank actually inspires a whole array of moods for me. I love that movie. This was a tough week, I'll have to admit.