Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sharing the Love

I have been blessed with some great blogger friends who have given me some awards, and I have vowed to pass them on in a timely manner. Over the last 9 months, since I've started blogging, I have been overwhelmed at the friendly and supportive environment of the community. There's so much love flying around, you just can't help but feel good!


My first award came from the Bumbles. If you haven't checked out their blog, you must. They are avid travelers, exceptional photographers, lovers of books, lovers of sports, lovers of movies (hosts of the Monday Movie Meme I participate in) and just your basic all-around cool people. I'm going to pass this award onto C.B. James of Ready When You Are, C.B., as he has his name written all over it. He has the most precious dog that he loves unconditionally, despite his oft half-eaten books. And he is an activist for Gay Equality and the overturning of Prop. 8 in California. We're behind you buddy!



My next award came from Jeane at Dog Ear Diary. Jeane is a new face around my neck of the woods, but she has an incredibly cool blog featuring the sweetest little kitty. I'm so appreciative that she has thought of me! I will pass this award to the biggest bookworm I know, and that is Jackie from Farm Lane Books. How on earth she reads as much as she does, with two little kids, I will never know. But she is THE authority on not only Booker books but just about any award out there.



My last award came from Serena at Savvy Verse & Wit. Serena is a real active member of the blogger community, and excels in the area of poetry (she even writes it herself). You are so kind Serena! I'm not 100% sure of this award's definition, but I will choose to personally think of it as having a spirit of "making lemons into lemonade". And for this, I would like to nominate Susan from Bear Swamp Reflections. Susan's blog is the most wholesome blog I follow. She is an extremely talented photographer, is pure of heart and exudes maternal warmth. Her posts always leave me feeling upbeat and happy, whether she is talking about a hike she went on, her grandkids, her pet hens, or the wedding of her friend's daughter. Go check her out! You'll feel like you just came home!


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!

It is reward enough that you are reading so many of my favourite books - I notice you are now reading Blindness my number 3! It isn't for every body so I will be interested to see if you love it or hate it.

Beth F said...

Congrats!!!! You deserve them all.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Sandy. That's a great way to start the morning.

I'll pass along a dog treat or two to Dakota.

Susan said...

Awww, Sandy, I'm so touched that you think of me this way. What a sweet honor. Thank you very much. I will treasure it.

And, yes, you deserve all of your awards! You always brighten my day with your posts and comments. You are a great friend and I'm happy to have you on board my little ship!

Hugs and kisses,
Susan

Anonymous said...

You know so many good book bloggers! And, I'm very impressed by how you get around to visiting everyone. You're a worthy friend, Sandy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your awards!

Darlene said...

Congrats on all your awards Sandy. They are so well deserved my friend!

Gavin said...

Congratulations! Your blog is wonderful and I really appreciate the comments you write when you visit my blog!

Literary Feline said...

Much deserved awards and awardees! Congratulations, Sandy!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Awww...you guys make me blush!

Melody said...

Congrats on the awards, Sandy! They're all well-deserved!

Frances said...

Congrats Sandy! You are such a jewel among book bloggers. Not a single throw-away comment in anything you have ever left on all of our blogs. The most thoughtful, funny and encouraging loveliness anywhere. And your posts always reflect your humor and good taste also. Happy reading this week!

Serena said...

congrats on the other awards, and you hit the lemonade award "nail" on the head.

A.G. said...

Congratulations on your awards:)

Anna said...

Congrats on the much deserved awards!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric