Saturday, July 18, 2009

Anybody out there know where I can find a bookworm????


I am quite honored to receive the Bookworm's Award for Bookfriends from Kaye at Pudgy Penguin Perusals , a fellow Floridian, and an avid, prolific reader. How much cooler can an award get? I'm nothing if not a bookworm. Thanks Kaye - you are the best!

Now, if I could only find another bookworm to pass this award onto.

I'm going to take the approach that my friends the Bumbles have taken with awards. Of course, I could list dozens of my wonderful blogger buddies, but will instead limit it to one, just to make it special. I have recently found a fellow blogger that actually lives in Orlando, my hometown. She reads and reviews some great books, and has recently announced that she is going back to school to get her degree in library science. We have a wonderful library system in Orlando, so she should have some great opportunities once she graduates. Please hop on over and check out:

Lauren at Half-Deserted Streets

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww yay! Thank you so much! :)

I am excited about the degree - and I would LOVE to work for the main brach of OCPS. It's so fantastic!

Beth F said...

Congrats on your award!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

I hope Lauren find the job of her dreams!

ANovelMenagerie said...

S. Krishna reads out of control!

Congrats on your award.

Serena said...

This is a book blog I have not heard of...thanks for mentioning her...I will have to check it out.

congrats on your award!

ds said...

Congratulations, Sandy! And thanks for the tip on a new booky blog!

Susan said...

Congratulations, Sandy! I was about to tell you that the chickens have eaten all my bookworms, and then I saw it was an award. It's one you definitely deserve!

Darlene said...

Congrats on your award Sandy! I'll have to pop over and check out Lauren's blog.

Melody said...

Congrats on your award! I'll have to check out Lauren's blog!

Iliana said...

Congrats Sandy! I loved what you did to pass on the blog goodness. It can get overwhelming so to just pick one person is actually kind of nice. I need to go visit Lauren's blog :)