Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Charleston #2



Last week I talked a little about walking around on the side streets South of Broad.  Just to give you a flavor of what you might spy down one of these side streets, here is a peek through one of Charleston's famous iron gates.  If you were wealthy enough to live down in this area, you might have your own uniquely-designed gate.  In the shops around town, there is actually jewelry inspired by the gates (I have a ring that resembles one, I'm not sure which).  Check out this blog post.  It all really inspires a fantasy. 


7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love Charleston and Savannah and when I visit, I dream of living there. Then, reality slaps me in the face because I realize I could never afford to live in the parts of the city I love so much.

caite said...

Looks like a lovely secret garden....

momto8blog said...

what a lovely gate and garden! a fun photo.
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
happy WW!

Zibilee said...

I love the design on this gate! I think I know which ring you are talking about as well!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Jewelry inspired by gates, what a lovely idea! That would make the coolest souvenir.

Alyce said...

It looks like a beautiful garden lies behind that gate!

Beth F said...

I hope to visit there some day. What a photographer's dream!