Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Salon: Answers

 I know, I am showing up a little late this morning!  I usually get my posts up and ready to roll on Saturday nights, but yesterday about mid-day I was hit with one of my weird stomach spells that happens about once or twice a year.  They come on without warning, and last about a day or two, so I was in bed from 3pm on.  I did drag myself up for church this morning, but haven't touched the computer until now.

So!  This was a week where we got some answers.  Not all good, but at least we know what we are dealing with.  I got an official diagnosis of plantar fasciitis on my foot...pretty much what I expected.  Anti-inflammatories, stretching, icing and patience for this damn thing to heal.  Could take months, but that isn't going to stop me.  Hey, I gave up alcohol for Lent, so I have to have something to take the edge off. The running will not be denied!  We got the results on my son's MRI on his back and he has been cleared!  This was great news, and serendipitously at the same time made the volleyball team.  All is well when the boy is active.

My parents are currently headed back to IN, and my husband flies out today for San Francisco, and there couldn't be more stuff going on in the next three days if I tried.  Keep me in your prayers!  Anyone want an over/under bet on how many tanks of gas I burn or how many times I am late for something?

On the reading front, I didn't do half bad this week.  In print, I finished "The Memory Thief" and I really enjoyed it.  I look forward to seeing Emily Colin again at the UCF Book Festival.  Then I started Patti Callahan Henry's latest "And Then I Found You", which is the She Reads feature in April and also a UCF Book Festival highlight for me.

On audio, I finished "January First" by Michael Schofield, and I should have lots to say about that when I get the review written!  Holy moly, what a train wreck.  I also finished the Rod Stewart Autobiography (narrated by Simon Vance, who defies description) and can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.  What a great listen!  I am now just starting Jojo Moyes' "Me Before You", which is a book that has received nothing but stellar reviews.  

I am hoping to lay low today honestly.  If my daughter decides to work at the animal shelter, she will be on her own this time around based on my stomach and her lovely attitude lately.  The boy has a poster project to complete (ugh). I'm thinking I might need a nap.  What does everyone have on their agenda today?


13 comments:

Beth F said...

Wow! Sounds like you have a ton of things to deal with. Hope you feel better soon.

Carrie K. said...

Ugh - I hope both your stomach and your foot get better very quickly! And I can definitely relate to teenage girl attitude - sounds like you deserve some downtime today.

JoAnn said...

Well, at least you're dealing with definites now ... plantar fasciitis can be frustrating (my daughter's teammate suffered through an entire basketball season), but hopefully manageable.

Take a nap - you've earned it!!

Amy said...

aw my mom had plantar faciitis, too and it was really rough on her. I hope you feel better soon!

Trisha said...

As always I am astonished by your busy life.

Ana S. said...

Sending get well soon thoughts your way. Hugs!

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

Ouch! I hope your foot gets better fast! I'm still running and loving every minute of it :)

Julie P. said...

I have an incredibly busy week too with doctor appointments, company and kids' activities. My thoughts and prayers will be with you! LOL!

Bonnie said...

You sure do have a busy schedule! Glad to hear your sons MRI was clear. I can relate to health issues and have had plantar fasciitis and the stretching, ice, anti-inflams worked as well as foot orthotics/inserts. Power Step are off the shelf ones that you can buy at good runners shoe stores. I haven't read the JoJo Moyes book yet as I am waiting for a galley copy. I am hosting a giveaway for a galley copy that just started today.

Heidenkind said...

I got a weird stomach thing this weekend, too! I caught it from my dad, though, I think it was just the flu. I did get a lot more reading/moving watching than I normally do.

Unknown said...

It is great to hear that your son got the all clear! Hope you get better soon too.

Ti said...

My son finished his poster project this weekend.

PF is a pain. Literally, I had to wear my tennis shoes for 5 months before it finally healed. My daughter has it now!!!

You have to wear shoes all the time, even right when you first wake up. We have tile floors and that is what caused it for me. Probably for the girl too.

Kathleen said...

Sorry to hear about your foot but I know you won't let it stop you! Aren't teenage girls lovely? Ha! I thought teenage boys would be easy but found out with my son that they aren't either!