Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Fenway Park



I had to include a picture of Fenway Park from our Boston field trip.  Because Fenway is just as much a classic institution and part of history than anything on the Freedom Trail, if you ask a Bostonian.  It is the oldest operating Major League Baseball stadium, and has had it's doors open since 1912.  If you ever visit Boston, you owe it to yourself to take a tour, whether you are a baseball fan or not.  It is insanely cool.  


8 comments:

caite said...

not someplace I would think of checking out...but you are right!

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I wouldn't have checked it out either if my husband hadn't been with me the first time I went to Boston...definitely cool, even if you're not a huge baseball fan :) LOVE Boston!

bermudaonion said...

A family friend took my father in law there when he was a young child and he's been a Red Sox fan ever since. My claim to fame in the family is that I was able to get him an autograph from a player on the 1994 World Series winning team because I knew his mother!

Zibilee said...

I love the pennants! They make the building look really regal, in a way. You got the chance to see so much great stuff when you were gone!!

Marie Cloutier said...

:-D yes it is! :-)

Darlene said...

Cool pic! My dad would love to go there.

Kathleen said...

This is definitely on my bucket list!

Alice said...

I now know where I can go if I go to Boston!