Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yippee! My first award!


The day has finally arrived...my first award! This honor was bestowed upon me by one of the coolest blogs I read these days...The Bumbles. Not only do they review books, but also have alot of fun with movies, music and their keen observations of others while working out in their local gym. With this award, I must pass it along to five others. In addition, I have to list five things I'm addicted to. So I have to first come to grips with my addictions, then air all my dirty laundry for the rest of you to see!

I am a fairly new blogger, but have really been swept up in the fun of the blogging network. I've come across alot of good role models. These people have really got it all going on. They post something every day, they are organized (or at least seem to be!), and have amazing insights into the books they read. It is hard to pick five, but here are the ones that I turn to again and again:

Carrie @ Books and Movies - she homeschools four kids AND has great reviews of books and movies
Michele @ A Reader's Respite - this girl makes me laugh every day; her personality shines through
James @ Ready When You Are, C.B. - a prolific reader, great writer, and I love his dog
Beth @ BethFishReads - on top of her great reviews & sense of humor, she's a phenomenal photographer
Matt @ A Guy's Moleskin Notebook - this guy should write a book. I am in awe of him.

OK, now down to the really hard part. My obsessions, in no particular order:
1. Wine - smelling, tasting, appreciating, glugging, bathing
2. Blogging - I know its predictable, but there you go. I'm on here all the time. I can't stop.
3. Cooking - I like a challenging recipe. I can make just about anything, or die trying. Its therapy.
4. Viggo Mortensen - I shouldn't have to explain this one.
5. Risotto - my butt doesn't thank me, but this is my favorite food of all time. I think I'll make it tonight.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Sandy! I will be contemplating my addictions and making my nominations in the next day or two. :)

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations, Sandy! You definitely deserve the award! :-)

The Bumbles said...

Well I just can't see how you didn't get an award before now - you deserve it. And if you posted a picture of Viggo I would love you even more ;0)

Unknown said...

Thank you very much. BTW, I tried the Garlic Soup recipe finally. Very good stuff on a cold rainy day.

Michele said...

Sandy....

#1) I cannot believe this is your first award. We will rectify this by drowning you in awards!!

#2) Thank you so much for passing it along and your kind words!

One of the best things about these award thingys is now I get to explore new (to me) blogs, so I'm off to do that right now and will get to work on my post!

Beth F said...

Wow!! Thanks so much! But you absolutely deserve this award.

The only problem is that I think my addictions are almost the same as yours! And any post that mentions (or shows) Viggo is a great post!

Risotto?? OMG! If Mr. BFR could tolerate it, I'd make it every other day!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Well, thank you all back again!

Carrie - I will look forward to your addictions. Whoever came up with that idea for this meme gets my thumbs up.

Wendy - I've been having remorse for not passing the award on to you. I should have done six awards instead, because you have such a wonderful thoughtful blog and I'm addicted to it. I know this ain't the Oscars, but still.

Bumbles - I should be shamed for not posting The Man's picture. I was just too excited to get the post up. I'll figure out a way to get his mug up here soon. Maybe on one of our Monday Movie Memes!

James - Garlic Soup rocks. I made the cheese grit souffle and it was heavenly. I think everything in the cookbook is heavenly.

Michele - everything I said was true, and I could have said more. You are hilarious. I like your style.

Beth - we do have alot in common! Viggo and risotto (maybe perhaps at the same time? Oooh nice visual).

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Sandy. I'm excited that you find my little patch on the blog world interesting to read. :)

Sandy Nawrot said...

Matt, really! Who wouldn't love your blog? You are an amazing writer, with insights and literary analysis that consistently amaze me. You are in a whole different league. Have you ever thought of writing a book?

Anonymous said...

I posted mine!
http://booksandmovies.today.com/2009/01/26/your-blog-is-fabulous-award/

Melody said...

Congrats, Sandy! Very well-deserved! I love reading your blog, and you don't look like you're new to blogging to me! :D

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thanks Melody, you are very kind! Blogging has been one of those things that has just sucked me in!

Anna said...

Congrats on the well-deserved award!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric