Saturday, October 24, 2009

You've GOTTA have friends!



Recently, I received the Let's Be Friends award from Amy @ The House of Seven Tails. Amy is a relatively new blogger that has jumped into the game with both feet! She joined in BBAW, is participating in read-alongs, and is already being awarded for her sweet disposition, great reviews, and of course, her adorable menagerie of kitties which are lovingly pictured on her blog. You must go check her out!


I know there are probably rules that go with this award, but I like to generally pass these awards on to one person, just so all the glory can be focused in one happy place. But before I do this, I have to tell a story.

Recently, Ti @ Book Chatter and Other Stuff published an excellent post. It was about blogging etiquette. Specifically, Ti mentioned a number of blogs that she had been faithfully visiting and commenting, but the love was never returned. Eventually, she dropped these blogs from her reader, as everyone needs two-way communication, right? I immediately hung my head in shame. I am guilty of receiving wonderful comments and never following the commenter back to their blog of origin. I have made a personal goal to stop this laziness and make more of an effort.

One blogger that has been commenting on my site for some time is Amy @ Amy Reads Good Books. She leaves insightful comments, and yet I go on my merry way without returning any love. This has been put to a stop. I am now her follower, and she has an excellent blog. Amy is a literature professor,
is from the wholesome Midwest, and reads just about anything and everything. So Amy, this one's for you!

I have to include a Youtube video, because I can't help myself. Of course, it is about friendship:









13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ti's post made me feel guilty too! I read a lot of excellent posts every day, but don't have the time to comment on each one. I only comment on those where I feel I have smething to add, so there are some blogs which I love where the author probably isn't even aware I am reading it. This really needs to stop - I wish there was a way you could tell how many comments you had left on each blog, so I could ensure every one I read had at least one comment a week.

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on your award! I hope you're having a great time on your cruise!

Ana S. said...

Congrats on the award, Sandy, and I hope you're having a wonderful time this weekend!

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on the award, Sandy, and to the bloggers you have highlighted here--both wonderful.

Unknown said...

I have a list of blogs I regularly read. I try to visit them all once a week at least and usually leave a comment when I do.

When I notice a new commentor on my own, I do try to check out their blog, especially if they become a follower of my blog.

But honestly, you of all people have no reason to feel guilty about this.

BTW - Love the video ;-0)

ds said...

Cute video!!Congratulations on the award! You not only deserve it, you embody it, so don't worry. Hope you are having a terrific cruise.

Ti said...

Oh goodness! I hope I didn't make anyone feel guilty. It was just an eye opener for some. Let's put it that way, yes??

Congrats to Amy!!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thanks for all your well-wishes guys! Ti, I didn't mean to make you think you'd put me on a guilt trip (although guilt is what I'm all about!), but was just a wonderful eye-opener. I kinda get lazy and need to be poked once in awhile!

Beth F said...

Congrats on your award!!!

Melody said...

Congrats on the award, Sandy!

The Bumbles said...

Enjoy your cruise. Well deserved I'm sure! I always leave a comment back on the poster's blog if they are not someone I visit on a weekly basis. And if anyone follows me that I am aware of, I follow them as well and check in on them weekly. I have a hard time remembering to go back to blogs where I have left comments to see if there were responses posted there. That's why usually we respond via e-mail to comments where available or directly back to their blog. It is also a great way to discover new blogs. But it does take a bit of time. Worth it to me though. You should never feel guilty about commenting policies - you leave them so kindly and regularly for everyone.

Alice said...

Congrats on the award, Sandy!

I'm very selective with the blogs I choose to read and when I do follow them, I almost always leave comments in most of the posts they write. I value the friendship we have formed! :)

Serena said...

Wonderful award! You deserve it. Love that video