Friday, October 23, 2009

100 Mile Fitness Challenge Update: October 16 - 22


The flu is gone, the hot weather is gone. Life is good! I had originally set another 20 mile goal for myself this week, but didn't hit it. Life got in my way, and I only hit 14 miles, bringing my total miles to 51. I'm feeling pretty good about that! I'm halfway to 100 and I'm not even out of October!

For the record, I am going to attempt to hit 150 miles by the end of the year. Like I've said before, it isn't going to hurt me!

My big news, which I can't shut up about, is my exciting reunion with three girlfriends from high school. This afternoon, they will fly into Orlando and we will head to the beach for a couple of days. Then we are going on a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas! (Getting ready for this trip is the reason for my not hitting my goal this week!) Mind you, two of the three ladies I've not seen in 25 years, but I'm thinking it won't feel like a day has gone by, thanks to Facebook. Two of the ladies are part of the 100 mile fitness challenge, so dare I set a goal for all of us? I'm going out on a limb and say that despite my anticipation of alot of food and drink, we will hit 20 miles! Want to take bets? How are all of you doing? Don't forget to stop by Trish's place and report your miles for this week!



13 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wow - half way there already!! Have a great trip!

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

Have a great trip! I'm sure you all will log plenty of miles!

Kathleen said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Have a wonderful trip with your friends. I'm sure you will log plenty of miles amidst the laughing, talking, cocktails, etc etc.

Darlene said...

Wow, you're doing awesome Sandy. I'm glad the flu is gone and the weather is cooler. Have an awesome time with your friends!

bermudaonion said...

Way to go! I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise!

Melissa said...

Have a great time on your cruise!!

caite said...

Remember, stay away from the railing on the ship, especially if you have been consuming those beverages with the little umbrellas in them!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I think it's so cool that you are doing the challenge with your friends! Way to get everyone motivated! :)

14 miles is still very good--better than any week I've had in the past year. I only hit 6 this week after life got in the way for me. Thanks for being such a great inspiration, Sandy!

Gavin said...

Have a wonderful time, Sandy, and tell us all about it when you get back!

Alyce said...

That is so neat! I hope you have a great time with your friends!

Literary Feline said...

You are doing very well, Sandy, even if you didn't quite hit the goal you intended this week. I'm glad the weather has cooled off and you are feeling better.

Melody said...

Glad to hear you're doing well, Sandy! Hope you have a wonderful trip with your friends!

Alice said...

Way to go, Sandy! I've done about 51 miles too!