Friday, October 16, 2009

100 Mile Fitness Challenge Update: October 9 - 15


It is week 2 of the 100 Mile Fitness Challenge, hosted by Trish. How is everyone doing?

Well, last week I complained about walking in the heat. This week I'm going to complain about the heat and having the flu.

However, now that I feel accountable to all of you for hitting my goals, I trudged on. I decided that sweating and moving might actually help me shake off the crud, so I went for it. It didn't hurt, either, that I was listening to "The Angel's Game", the prequel to "Shadow of the Wind", and was totally immersed in this twisted mindf#$! of a story.

Last week I racked up 14 miles, and had set my goal for this week at 20 miles. Heat and illness be damned, because I actually hit 23 miles, bringing my total miles to 37! It can't hurt, because at the end of next week, I am going on a cruise with some good friends from high school, and have to squeeze myself into a proper bathing suit. I'm going to try to hit 20 miles next week as well, even though I know I will be busy getting ready for my trip.

So how did it go for you this week? Did you have any obstacles to overcome? Did you find any secrets to motivating yourself? Did you meet your goals?

Make sure and stop by the 100 Mile Fitness Challenge website to log in your miles. Also, next week at the Challenge website, I will be guest posting on my favorite topic...audio books!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on all the miles. You are doing great!

Where is your cruise going? I love cruises and would go on another one in a heartbeat!

The Bumbles said...

That's great Sandy. Exercise does always make me feel better when I'm sluggish or worn down by a cold or by life in general. And your cruise will be a great reward for sticking with things these past few weeks. Have fun!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Wow, you did great! And I'm sure it will help on the cruise, which is usually like a 24-hr food-a-thon!

Anna said...

You totally rock! Hope you're feeling better. Enjoy that cruise!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Darlene said...

Wow, you did awesome! Get rid of that flu so you can enjoy your cruise!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Melissa - we are going to the Bahamas. Nothing really fancy, just an excuse to spend non-stop time with my friends where we can drink and not drive! And have food prepared for us!

Bumbles - Honestly I need about another month of weeks like this before I show my butt in a bathing suit, but there you go!

Jill - yeah, I know. I am actually hoping that we can walk while we are on the cruise. Two of my friends are actually participating in this challenge!

Anna - this is my general attitude about illness. I try to ignore it, and maybe it will go away. I'm better each day, even though the cough thing won't go away!

Dar - I will enjoy the cruise one way or another!

Jenners said...

You have a lot more get up and go than me ... I would have been out for the whole thing last week ... and sickness would have been the end for me. I admire you for pushing through!!!

Beth F said...

Wooo Hoooo!!! I'll post my miles tomorrow.

ds said...

Wow. You are racking up an impressive total of miles (please, please don't overdo)! Enjoy that cruise: indulge in everything. You have more than earned it!!

Literary Feline said...

You did very well this past week, Sandy! Great job! I hope you have a nice time on the cruise and definitely feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! I need to get on the ball!

Alice said...

Well done, Sandy!

I did quite well too. I attended gym regularly and was doing about 3 miles, at least 3 times per week...