It seems to me that reading challenges are a bit like volunteering at the kids' school...it is a slippery slope, and if you don't find the will to say "no", you will regret it later! I've already pledged my audio book life to the Outlander Challenge, and I've signed up for the Read and Review Challenge, which is a no-brainer (you just review everything you read, which is what I do anyway). However, this challenge piqued my interest. It is the TBR challenge (for rules and sign-up, click here). You simply pick out 12 or more books from your To Be Read stack and read them in 2009. You can read them all in one month, or you can spread them out. This will be my way of forcing myself to stay somewhat focused on my ever-growing pile of prepaid fun. So here is my list:
1. The Hour I First Believed - Wally Lamb
2. The House of Mondavi - Julia Flynn Siler
3. Remembering Blue - Connie May Fowler. This is an author local to the panhandle, near where we vacation every year. This part of Florida and its essence is in my blood. I received three of her books for Xmas and I will put them all on here!
4. Sugar Cage - Connie May Fowler
5. Before Women Had Wings - Connie May Fowler
6. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte. Can you believe I have never read this? I'm embarassed...
7. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen. Another embarassment.
8. Say You're One of Them - Uwem Akpan. This was Entertainment Weekly's #1 new fiction of 2008.
9. Sashenka - Simon Montefiore
10. Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
11. Resistance - Owen Shears
12. Away - Amy Bloom
So there you are! Keep your eyes open for the reviews of these books to come!