Monday, January 12, 2009

Wordless Wednesday





I've seen a few bloggers participate in Wordless Wednesdays...all of them with beautiful pictures they have taken. I liked the idea. I don't have a fancy camera, but I take it with me everywhere and record life that happens around me. This is another effort of mine to spiff up my "book only" blog.


The picture you see above was taken in a wildlife refuge up near my little slice of heaven in the panhandle, in an area called St. Marks. This friendly little guy was following us on a nature walk that we were taking. I think he wanted a snack. To see more Wordless Wednesday pictures, click here>

7 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I wonder where he's going. :-) Great photos, Sandy.

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thanks Wendy! I loved the picture of him staring at us head on, with his skinny little birdy face. I've never looked at one of those cranes with that perspective. I had a few more great pictures of this guy, one with a beautiful lighthouse in the background, but the more pictures I add to my posts, the more screwed up it gets.

craid said...

Nice photos Sandy. It must be great to have cool friends who can move to France to follow Peter Mayle's footsteps around the Luberon. I can almost smell the Gitane stained teeth of the Sanglier hunting farmer after reading the book. Vive la France!

C

Sandy Nawrot said...

Craig (did you misspell your name??), yes it is nice to have such well-traveled and interesting friends. What else would I have to write about were it not for them?

Michele said...

Awwww - I love those pics!! I think the little guy is adorable!

NoBS said...

I think I would have taken him right home with me!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thanks for stopping by, NoBS! Believe me, it was tempting to grab the little guy and take him home to the four cats and the guinea pig. What's one more animal, really? By the way, I have been by your blog and I love it. What's not to like about a no-BS book review?