Tuesday, January 6, 2009

They Have Arrived!



This is a very exciting day for me. I am very pleased to announce that the library delivered my first set of audio books for the Outlander Challenge today! For the first book, Outlander, there are 28 discs, and I am uploading them to iTunes as I am writing this. When I popped the first disc in, I closed my eyes and said a very heartful prayer to the Gracenote Database Gods that they recognized the material on the disk (am I the only one out there that has this annoying problem? ) No, I do not want to manually type the Outlander data into iTunes for over two hundred discs, thanks!


So, soon I will begin my journey. For anyone out there that is interested in joining in the quest to finish all the books in the Outlander series before the new one arrives in September, please register here. I must first finish "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" on audio book (which I might add is the most delightful thing I have read in a very long time) then I am off. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

The Bumbles said...

I look forward to your future reviews of this series - it will help me to decide whether or not to bump the first book up on my list or not. You always seem to be one step ahead of me in my reading intentions! I am enjoying Edgar Sawtelle - just about halfway through!

Sandy Nawrot said...

I will look forward to your review on Edgar, as it has a non-traditional ending (which I loved). I about halfway through uploading my discs on Outlander (no database problems so far...yea!). I wonder how long it will take to listen to 26 discs? My guess is 2 1/2 weeks.

Brooklyn Bonny said...

Good luck! I've heard great things about this series!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Thank you! I don't really want Potato Peel Pie to end, but am anxious to see what all the good words about Outlander is all about!

Melissa said...

I finished Potato Peel Society on audio on New Years Day and haven't started another audio yet because I loved that one soooo much. I really need to get my reveiw written for it to...

Sandy Nawrot said...

I hope to have it finished by the end of the week. It is just the most wonderful piece of work, especially on audio. I will look forward to your review!

Unknown said...

The first one is near the top of my reading pile. I'm not sure whether I want to read them all yet though - it depnds on how good the first one is! I look forward to comparing notes!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Jackie - Thank you for stopping by! I am 3 audio discs into Outlander now, and it has started off nicely. There are enough bloggers whose opinions I trust that swear this is the most amazing series. I will look forward to hearing about your opinions of Outlander!