Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Saying Goodbye to 2008


In between my little cooking frenzy today to prepare for a New Year's get-together with friends, cleaning the house, reading books and helping the kids with their holiday homework projects, I've been musing over the year 2008. The year has had its challenges, joys and disappointments. Overall, however, I am blessed with a loving family, healthy kids, a supportive husband, good friends and good times. It was hard for me to even find things to put on my Christmas list this year, because I feel that I have everything I need. (Well, I am still suffering from dog sadness, so I could use a doggie around the house...)
When it comes to my computer, I had a really fun and productive year. I continued to sell off everything not nailed down in my house on Ebay. I jumped on the Facebook wagon, and reconnected with some long lost friends from high school and early adulthood. But here is the kicker. If someone would have told me a year ago that I would be reviewing books on my own book blog, I would have said "no way in hell", and maybe some other expletives. I had admired my sister's blog, and when she suggested I give it a try - what did I have to lose - I was instantly filled with an inspiration that would have to be described as something close to religious fervor. I jumped in with both feet, but I had no earthly clue what I was doing technically. I just knew that I read alot of books and I like to write, so I just started pushing buttons and hoped for the best. I've had alot of firsts. First guest post, first meme (thanks C.B. James for those, and for putting up with my inane questions) and I have signed up for my first two reading challenges. I look forward to many more firsts in 2009.
Even though I have read probably over a hundred books this year, I did not keep track of them until I started this blog in late October. I've decided not to publish a summary of my literary year because it would be incomplete, and the obsessive compulsive in me would not allow that. I'll be all over it for New Year's 2009!
Thanks to all of you that have supported me. I will do my best to entertain you in the year to come. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

It sounds like you had a good 2008 overall, Sandy. I am so glad to know you and look forward to getting to know you better this next year. Have a wonderful New Year.

Unknown said...

You're welcome. It's been fun.

Brooklyn Bonny said...

Happy New Year to you, as well! Here's to some great reading in 2009!