Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Kiawah #2


As I discussed last week, Kiawah Island is pretty freaking Southern.  It is a wonderful place to take a walk, but just take care.  If there is water anywhere near (and there is water EVERYWHERE), there are gators about, you can be sure.  What you see here is on the Osprey Point golf course.  They just hang out anywhere they please, like it is their right.  I actually lost one of my golf balls because it landed near a sunning gator, and he didn't feel like moving.   



9 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Carl and my dad used to play golf on Hilton Head. Carl went after his ball one day without realizing a mama gator was close by. She raised her head, opened her mouth, and hissed at him. We always try to give them wide berth.

Beth F said...

Hummm. I think golfers around here are dodging red squirrels and bunnies.

Meg @ write meg! said...

Gators?! I think I'll take a peek from the safety of my own car!

Alyce said...

That looks terrifying! I think I'd be losing a lot of golf balls on a course like that.

Zibilee said...

I would be staying far, far away from those things! I hear they can run pretty fast!

caite said...

Ok, nix the walk!

Marie Cloutier said...

eep!!!! I saw a gator in South Carolina, technically in the wild but we were pretty safe. That would freak me OUT. My aunt and uncle said a golfer loses an arm to one at least once a season.

Literary Feline said...

Beautiful but scary!

ds said...

Yikes!