Saturday, December 19, 2009

2010 Challenges (Part 3)

I warned you, didn't I? Well, I found some more challenges in which I must participate. Here we go, round 3:














Audio Book Challenge - I haven't gone back and counted up all the audios I listened to this year, but my bet would be close to 50% of the 113 I read in total. This is one I would call a "no brainer". I will be signing up for the "Obsessed" level, or 20 audio books. (Hosted by Royal Reviews).














E-book Challenge - I do so love my Kindle. I have a habit of having a glass or two of wine and playing with it, ordering almost impulsively (compulsively?). I don't think I will have any trouble hitting the "Fascinated" level of 6 books. (Hosted by Royal Reviews.)











Graphic Novels Challenge - The moment I've been waiting for has arrived! I pretty much convinced myself this year that Graphic Novels was a genre I needed to explore, and started to compile my list. I will be signing up for the Intermediate level (3 to 10 novels) with a few particulars in mind:

Fun Home - Alison Bechdel

Maus I and II - Art Spiegelman
The Color of the Earth - Kim Dong Hwa
American Widow - Alissa Torres
Blankets - Craig Thompson
Stitches - David Small
Malice - Chris Wooding
French Milk - Lucy Knisley

Something by Joe Sacco
Somthing by Chris Ware

(Hosted by Ana at Things Mean Alot and Chris at Stuff Dreams Are Made Of.)



Am I finished? I have no idea! That is the fun of the whole thing. Stay tuned!

14 comments:

farmlanebooks said...

These are a great selection of challenges. Unfortunately I don't have an ereader, so can't sign up to that one, but the others look like good possibilities.

You have a great selection of graphic novels. I loved Fun Home and have a copy of Blankets here, ready to read. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on them.

Beth F said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I'm going to post these three and two from Amy tomorrow. I have also eyed up the 451 challenge, but will probably let that one go.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I am doing the audio and the graphic novel one. I' starting with just three graphic novels because I haven't read any and don't know how I will like the format, but I sure do love audios. I signed up for twenty as well.

caite said...

Have you considered that you may have a challenge addiction? lol

bermudaonion said...

Good luck, Sandy!!

Molly said...

fun - fun - fun!!

I am still mulling over which challenges to join. I am currently at three, but I have about 5 others that I am seriously considering.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I have the darndest time finding graphic books that aren't just comics. I think I'm not looking in the right places! All the reviews have really gotten my interest up.

Literary Feline said...

You're going to have so much fun this next year. :-)

ds said...

You are amazing. I think I'll be joining you in the graphic novels challenge, though. We'll see.

Frances said...

An intervention may be in order. :)

Nymeth said...

Welcome to the GN challenge, Sandy! Your list sounds wonderful :D

Kathleen said...

I have had to make it a habit to not order books for my Kindle after wine...hee hee, that comment by you made me laugh!!

Serena said...

good luck with all these challenges...you might need it.

Melissa - Shhh I'm Reading said...

I've been tempted by this audio and ebook challenge, but have managed to restrain myself so far!