Saturday, December 19, 2009

2010 Challenges (Part 3)

I warned you, didn't I? Well, I found some more challenges in which I must participate. Here we go, round 3:














Audio Book Challenge - I haven't gone back and counted up all the audios I listened to this year, but my bet would be close to 50% of the 113 I read in total. This is one I would call a "no brainer". I will be signing up for the "Obsessed" level, or 20 audio books. (Hosted by Royal Reviews).














E-book Challenge - I do so love my Kindle. I have a habit of having a glass or two of wine and playing with it, ordering almost impulsively (compulsively?). I don't think I will have any trouble hitting the "Fascinated" level of 6 books. (Hosted by Royal Reviews.)











Graphic Novels Challenge - The moment I've been waiting for has arrived! I pretty much convinced myself this year that Graphic Novels was a genre I needed to explore, and started to compile my list. I will be signing up for the Intermediate level (3 to 10 novels) with a few particulars in mind:

Fun Home - Alison Bechdel

Maus I and II - Art Spiegelman
The Color of the Earth - Kim Dong Hwa
American Widow - Alissa Torres
Blankets - Craig Thompson
Stitches - David Small
Malice - Chris Wooding
French Milk - Lucy Knisley

Something by Joe Sacco
Somthing by Chris Ware

(Hosted by Ana at Things Mean Alot and Chris at Stuff Dreams Are Made Of.)



Am I finished? I have no idea! That is the fun of the whole thing. Stay tuned!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

These are a great selection of challenges. Unfortunately I don't have an ereader, so can't sign up to that one, but the others look like good possibilities.

You have a great selection of graphic novels. I loved Fun Home and have a copy of Blankets here, ready to read. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on them.

Beth F said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I'm going to post these three and two from Amy tomorrow. I have also eyed up the 451 challenge, but will probably let that one go.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I am doing the audio and the graphic novel one. I' starting with just three graphic novels because I haven't read any and don't know how I will like the format, but I sure do love audios. I signed up for twenty as well.

caite said...

Have you considered that you may have a challenge addiction? lol

bermudaonion said...

Good luck, Sandy!!

Molly said...

fun - fun - fun!!

I am still mulling over which challenges to join. I am currently at three, but I have about 5 others that I am seriously considering.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I have the darndest time finding graphic books that aren't just comics. I think I'm not looking in the right places! All the reviews have really gotten my interest up.

Literary Feline said...

You're going to have so much fun this next year. :-)

ds said...

You are amazing. I think I'll be joining you in the graphic novels challenge, though. We'll see.

Frances said...

An intervention may be in order. :)

Ana S. said...

Welcome to the GN challenge, Sandy! Your list sounds wonderful :D

Kathleen said...

I have had to make it a habit to not order books for my Kindle after wine...hee hee, that comment by you made me laugh!!

Serena said...

good luck with all these challenges...you might need it.

Melissa said...

I've been tempted by this audio and ebook challenge, but have managed to restrain myself so far!