Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Challege...Big Trouble for Moose and Squirrel



I SWORE I wasn't going to sign up for another. But the evil woman Carrie from Books and Movies tempted me, and I gave in. You see, I am not all that well-versed in the classics. I believe I was ripped off throughout my impressionable youth, and was not required to read many of them. So, after falling in love with Pride and Prejudice, I had vowed to educate myself. I went out and bought a two volume set of all of Jane Austen's works. I've set myself up for this challenge, so why not?


The Classics Challenge runs through April 1st through October 31st. You can choose a four book, five book or six book plan. I believe I will aim for four for now. Plus, there is a bonus you can work for, if you read a modern classic (list to be published at the link provided at a later time). We'll see about that...


You aren't required to provide a list carved in stone. I will be reading Gone With the Wind this month, so this will count. Then I will make my way through my Jane Austen collection 'o fun. Please, everyone out there, join along all the rest of us addicts, so we don't feel so bad about ourselves!

10 comments:

Melody said...

YAY! You joined!

Literary Feline said...

I am tempted to do this one too. If I can hold off on finishing The Woman in White until after the 1st, I can count it . . . I don't think I'll be able to hold off though. :-)

Gavin said...

Oh No! Not another great challenge.
I swore I would not add any more but this is very tempting.

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahahahaha.... (evil laugh) I knew I could suck you in. ;)

Beth F said...

I've held out on this one, though I've been tempted. I'm going to see how my March shapes up before I join more challenges.

I'm cheering you on though!

Jo-Jo said...

I've been tempted by this one myself!

Iliana said...

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this post. Every time I see a new challenge and I hear of my book friends joining then I want to join too! haha...

Good for you Sandy. I hope you have tons of fun with the classics.

Melissa said...

I was just mentioning in my BTT post today that I am classics deficient. I may have to sign up for this one.

Michele said...

Alright...you twisted my arm. I'll be signing up. I signed up for another classics challenge, but heck, can't have too much of a good thing, right? I can always use some culture and edu-ma-cation. :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Glad you couldn't resist Sandy ;) Thanks for signing up and I look forward to seeing your final choices. GWTW is a great one (although looooooooooooong). :)