Beth at BethFishReads just participated in an alphabet meme, and I thought it sounded like a fun thing to do on this Thursday afternoon. Beth provided me a random letter, and I now need to list ten things I love that begin with this letter. And I get the letter...U?????? I couldn't at least get the letter "V" so I could throw out a picture of Viggo? She said she used a random letter generator, and felt bad when my chosen letter came up. So she closed her eyes and pointed to a letter in a nearby book, and got the same letter. I guess its fate. Well, fate is pushing it. I had to do a little digging to find my ten! Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Umbrellas - I live in Florida, so I need these on an almost daily basis. I have a collection in my car, in various states of disrepair.
2. Underwear - as in clean, comfortable and cute. Who doesn't like underwear?
3. Utah - my family took a vacation to Park City this past summer. Beautiful country. The cross-country car ride with my kids wasn't so beautiful, however. It sounded like a good idea at the time...
4. Uma Thurman - there is no actress that kicks more butt than Uma in Kill Bill, volumes 1 and 2. I also love her yellow motorcycle outfit.
5. Unfiltered wine - not all that common, but every bottle of unfiltered wine I've tasted has been very good juice.
6. Usual Suspects - this movie was my introduction to Kevin Spacey, whom I adore. I could watch this movie about the mysterious Kaiser Sozay (sp) over and over.
7. Unspoiled nature - I love the outdoors. Except in the dead heat of the Floridian summer.
8. Brian Urlacher - da Bears!
9. Ushers - (ok guys, I'm starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel here!) because they make me feel special and taken care of.
10. Umpires - to maintain order in a chaotic world.
Whew. I'm tired. If you want to have a little fun with this meme, let me know and I'll send you a letter. Pray it isn't U!!!