Sunday, February 8, 2009

The best way to spend 11 hours!!!


I love movies. Maybe not as much as my sister, who sees about 8 a week, but I enjoy them, nevertheless. I get especially anxious and excited around Oscar time, always vowing to get out and see some of the nominated films. Reality? I never do. I might get to them on Netflix six months down the road, and instead go see Paul Blart Mall Cop or Inkheart or something else kid-friendly. (When the kids turn 18, they're going with me, darn it.)

Filled with this angst, I came across something in my Entertainment Weekly this weekend that I had to share with you. On February 21, select AMC Theatres will unspool all five best picture nominees for $30...bottomless popcorn bucket included! I checked...that is eleven hours of butt-numbing entertainment. This is almost too tempting...

5 comments:

Beth F said...

OMG! That sounds tempting. My parents are so good, they start in early January when the buzz picks up and make it a rule to see all the big movies.

I guess you can do that once you've retired. LOL!

Michele said...

Think I could leave the kids in the car for this one? :P

Sandy Nawrot said...

Beth - once those kids are off to college, my life will be filled with marathon movie days and marathon reading days!

Michele - I'm thinking that would be OK. Give them some blankies, some snacks and water, and they'll be fine. And I can go out and check on them between movies...give them some of my free popcorn!

Literary Feline said...

Last year the AMC theaters were doing that too. If I haven't had already seen three of the movies, I probably would want to do something like that. $30 is a good price for five movies.

Melissa said...

That's a lot of sitting!