This week's Movie Meme from the Bumbles is all about cameos. While they were watching the Daytona 500 this weekend, they couldn't help but think of the movie Talladega Nights, and the Fox broadcasting crew that all had cameos in the film. They were inspired to come up with some of the more famous cameos. Now, the Bumbles are a creative couple, and they always have the best answers to this meme, and based on principle I will rarely copy. It makes my job just a little bit tougher. I decided to not only list cameos, but to list director cameos that come to be expected with each film they make. It almost becomes a distraction, once you know they're there (like looking for the hidden Mickey's at Disney!) Here are the ones that came instantly to mind:
* Alfred Hitchcock - not only is he known for his amazing films, but his cameos in each one of them. It became such a phenomenon that he began putting the cameos at the beginning of the film, so viewers would focus on the movie and not trying to spot his face!
* M. Night Shyamalan - to my knowledge, he has had cameos in all of his films. This fact had to be pointed out to me, since I was too busy being creeped out.
* Peter Jackson - I haven't seen everything this guy has made, but I know he was in all of the Lord of the Rings movies, ever so briefly.
* Martin Scorsese - again, I doubt I've seen everything Scorsese has made, but I know he's in some four or five of his biggies
* Vanessa Echols - OK, this is just for fun. She's not a director, she is our local morning anchor in Orlando. She had a cameo in Deep Impact (or was it Armageddon? the two were so similar) that had all of Channel 9 a-twitter