This week's Movie Meme from the Bumbles is all about the Great Race. You know, the movies where there are dizzy, heart-racing pursuits through streets, alleys, over fences, for what seems like hours? I think about nine out of ten have them. It is, after all, on the checklist of what you must have if you are filming an action flick. There are some, however, that do stand out in your mind. Here are some of mine:
1. The French Connection - This is a repeat from the Bumbles, but I swear I'm not copying. It was the very first thing to come to mind. It's the chase scene to beat all chase scenes!
2. The Return of the Jedi - Remember Luke and Leia on those speeder bikes, racing through the trees? I can't remember what planet that was...my son probably would.
3. Thelma and Louise - You don't see every chase scene with the chasees intentionally running their ride off a cliff. You gotta love it.
4. Raiders of the Lost Ark - This movie had some cool things I'd never seen before as a kid. One standard that was set by this movie was the climbing under and over moving vehicles to get to the bad guy and beat him up.
5. Casino Royale - If pressed, you could identify a cool chase scene in just about any Bond film. Because I have seen this movie recently, and because Daniel Craig is a hottie, I will list the opening chase scene from this one...on foot, flinging themselves around on top of a high rise construction site, seriously intense!
What are your favorites?