Normally, I don't do recap posts. Call me lazy. But if you've been patient enough to listen to me blather on over the summer, you will know that I have had ONE AMAZING summer of reading. So amazing, I thought it was worthy of sharing.
So what happened to make this occur? Did I get lucky? Did I get easy? Is my mantra of "reading what I want" and staying away from the lure of the ARC paying off? Who knows. But the moons aligned for the months of June through August, and I accumulated eleven five-star reads...which is probably more than I racked up in all of 2010. Here are the beauties that rocked my world:
1. Revolution - Jennifer Donnelly (Audio)
2. The House of Tomorrow - Peter Bognanni (Audio)
3. Cutting For Stone - Abraham Verghese
4. The Devil's Star - Jo Nesbo
5. The Fates Will Find Their Way - Hannah Pittard
6. The Doomsday Book - Connie Willis
7. Clara and Mr. Tiffany - Susan Vreeland (Audio)
8. What Alice Forgot - Liane Moriarty
9. Faith - Jennifer Haigh (Audio)
10. Bossypants - Tina Fey (Audio)
11. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (Audio)
So. What do you think? Any you agree or disagree with passionately? What about your summer? Was it magical for you?