After a two week hiatus from the Monday Movie Meme, we are back and ready for more fun with the Bumbles! This week, we are talking about great heroines, or in other words...girl power. I will concede that Molly and Andy have come up with some respectable ladies of their own (check them out!), some of them that would have been on my list, but I don't want to steal any of them, so here are mine (I'll just tell you up front, you won't find any Angelina Jolie here friends):
1. Scarlett (Vivien Leigh) - Gone With the Wind: Granted, there are times when you would love to smack the woman, but she turns all tough and gritty and resourceful somewhere in the middle of the movie, and you have to get behind her.
2. Sara Connor (Linda Hamilton) - Terminator 2: This role will FOREVER be the one I think of first when anyone says "female bad ass". Did you see the arms on the woman? At one point in my younger years, it was my goal to have arms like that. I never quite made it, but boy was it inspirational.
3. The Bride (Uma Thurman) - Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2: This movie is the epitome of girl power. Uma takes on several dozen (hundreds?) of ninja assassins and leaves them in little chopped up pieces in her wake. I LOVE these movies.
4. Margie Gunderson (Frances McDormand) - Fargo: Only the Cohen brothers would create a pregnant policewoman with an overblown, Minnesota accent as their heroine, and that is why we love them. Any woman who has ever been with child will appreciate Marge, who feels nauseous when she witnesses an execution-style shooting, allows the feeling to pass, then is hungry again.
5. Elizabeth Bennett (Jennifer Ehle) - Pride and Prejudice: You have to love a girl with a mind of her own, and isn't afraid to speak it! To the dashing Colin Firth! Even after she has seen him wet in his white, poofy shirt! You put him in his place girl. You're in charge!
What say you? Do you have any favorite ladies on the silver screen?