Monday, June 28, 2010

BBAW Registration Post


It's almost that time of year again! Book Blogger Appreciation Week will be celebrated September 13 -17. If you haven't participated in this event in the past, it is not be missed. There are blogger interviews, daily memes, and awards. In 2009, I was lucky enough to interview the amazing Nymeth from Things Mean Alot - I think my blog almost crashed from all the hits! You are introduced to so many wonderful book blogs, I think my blogroll doubled after last year! My only regret is that during BBAW in 2009, I was on vacation, and had to sneak in my time on the computer. I'm going to make sure I'm home this year!

This year, instead of bloggers nominating each other for various award categories, we nominate ourselves. I have to admit, I am extremely uncomfortable with this. I honestly don't view myself to be in the same league as some of the blogs I follow, but I also think it would be a shame not to participate. So what the hey. Please accept my humble offerings. Here are the categories I am entering:

Best Audiobook Blog

The Girl That Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson (ISBN #9780307269980)
Sandy's Audies

Best Eclectic Blog

YA: The Heart is Not a Size - Beth Kephart (ISBN #9780061470486)
Graphic Novel: Fun Home - Alison Bechdel (ISBN #9780618477944)
Biography: Christian Encoungers: Jane Austen - Peter Leithart (ISBN #9781595553027)
Literary/Movie: Fingersmith - Sarah Waters (ISBN #9781573229722)

21 comments:

Julie P. said...

Your blog is fantastic! You are definitely a top one! Good luck!

bermudaonion said...

I love your blog! Good luck, Sandy!

Unknown said...

We all have to get over our shyness about nominating ourselves. That is so hard to do. I have the same issues with it that you do.

I'm entering the eclectic blog category, too. (whisper) I'm using one of our Blindness posts as an entry. I thought they were wonderful. I'll mention that part of that nomination should go your way. I plan on posting my list later this week.

Best of luck!

Ana S. said...

Good luck, Sandy!

Melissa said...

Good Luck!!

Iliana said...

I love coming to your blog so good for you for entering! I've got so many friends I'm going to be cheering for :)

I'm probably going to be on vacation during BBAW so I am going to miss out on the fun of all the posts but I guess I'll just have a lot of great reading to catch up on when I return.

Good Luck!

Matt said...

I will vote for you Sandy. :) I didn't quite understand the rules of this year's contest, and also I have the issue of shyness. I most likely won't enter but would visit all the blogs.

Trisha said...

You are awesome! And good luck!

Unknown said...

You have a terrific blog, Sandy! Love the categories you chose and I am so happy you entered your awesome blog!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

You picked out some great posts! Good luck!

Kathleen said...

Good luck with your entries! I love your blog!

Michele said...

Yay - I am sooooo glad you're doing this!

ds said...

Best of luck, Sandy! You rock in all of the categories you chose!

Melody said...

You know I love reading your blog! Good luck, Sandy!

Jenners said...

The way they explained it, it doesn't seem as bad to nominate yourself. And I think your choice of audiobook blog is perfection! : )

Best of luck!

Carrie K. said...

Good luck - I'm so glad you entered for Best Audiobook Blog!

Beth F said...

Good luck!

Frances said...

Good for you! You always have my support. I have put off doing this for some of the reasons you mention. Just cannot get behind nominating myself. Maybe I will just nominate myself in the category I was shortlisted for last year? Hmm. Think I still have a few days. Nothing like procrastinating.

Amy said...

yay Sandy! :)

Darlene said...

Good luck Sandy! You definitely have my vote.

Anonymous said...

I'm as a matter of fact surprised of supine of this web put. I secure not in a million years read so deficient texts, categorically not recommended! [url=http://szkoleniaforex.info/]strategie forex[/url]