Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Now in paperback: A Land More Kind Than Home - Wiley Cash

 I'm popping my head in today for a special occasion.  (I'm officially dark this month, so it is only for Wiley that I would do such a thing!)

The amazing "A Land More Kind Than Home" by Wiley Cash is now available in paperback.  So if you haven't yet read this book (and I must ask...what are you waiting for???), then this is the perfect excuse to get out there and grab a copy.

I first met Wiley at the 2011 SIBA conference.  You will never meet a nicer guy...he was sincere, funny, and humble.  For that reason alone I would have read his book.  

But here is the kicker.  The book is incredible.  I rated it a 5 out of 5, and included it on my favorites of 2012.  I've also been told, just FYI, that the audio is amazing as well.  You probably find it strange that I didn't listen to the audio myself, but I had in my hot little hands the ARC (a collector's edition by now, I am sure!) and was committed to it.

So there you go.  If you didn't listen to my urgings last April, or when I published by "best of" list at the end of the year, then I'm giving you another chance.  Read it now.  


12 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The audio is amazing - you could still listen to it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I have the paperback ARC from SIBA and you reminded me that I NEED to get to it! I will make it a priority in February. For sure.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I had wondered why you didn't listen to the audio. It is so good. I listened to most of it, but by the end I had to read it for myself so I could read faster!

Jenny said...

I have a review copy of the paperback.. I will try to read it soon!!

Amy said...

Everyone seems to love this, I really do need to get to it!

Zibilee said...

I haven't read it yet, but I am going for the audio now! I am so glad Wiley is having such success! He is such an amazing guy.

JoAnn said...

I will definitely read or listen to this... just can't decide which way to go.

BTW, Josh and Brent (Beekman Boys) will be in town Saturday for a tasting/book signing event. My book club got tickets - can't wait!

caite said...

Have to agree...very good book.

Nise' said...

I agree it was wonderful! (I listened on audio).

Jenners said...

Going to put it on my Audible wish list!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have the book from BEA this past year where I met him as well, you are right - such a nice guy! Then I picked up the audio too... still have not read/listened to it - now not sure which way to go!

Kathleen said...

I have it on my shelf in hardcover. I'm sure you are the one who convinced me to read it. Have I read it yet? NO...I need to get on it !