Saturday, January 2, 2010

You're beautiful!


The very lovely Alice (from Hello My Name is Alice) recently gave me another award...the Beautiful Blogger Award. I personally think this is a gorgeous button...who designed this? I have waxed happily about Alice and her photographic and bookish skills. You need to go check her out.

Now the rules for this award are that I need to pass it along to seven people, and tell you seven things about myself. These are both difficult things to do. Here are seven things about myself that you may or may not have known:

1. I am an avid cook. There isn't a recipe I won't try.

2. I spent my years between the age of 7 and 17 taking piano lessons and obsessing over playing songs by Styx.


3. I am a CPA, and worked in a corporate position until five years ago, when I quit to stay home with my kids.

4. In addition to reading, I also love music and movies passionately.

5. I was born on summer solstice, so I am both a Gemini and Cancer. True to form, I am the social butterfly with a mouth that won't stop, but at times I would rather be left alone.

6. I am a practical, even-keeled person. Generally no hysterics and mood swings.

7. I suck at decorating.


Now for my seven nominees, I've decided to focus on my northeast friends, the ones who have been barraged by snow this winter:

Caite @ A Lovely Shore Breeze


Jennifer @ A Literate Housewife

Anna @ Diary of an Eccentric

Serena @ Savvy Verse & Wit

Dawn @ She is Too Fond of Books

Nicole @ Linus's Blanket

Frances @ Nonsuch Book


In honor of you all, here is a video of a song I just heard on the radio, and thought would be perfect:





20 comments:

Alice said...

Sandy! You're always so sweet to me and to your friends. It's wonderful to know you a little better through your answers. I'm like you also. Although I like being with friends and can be considered quite social, I like quiet times with myself too...

Susan said...

A corporate numbers-cruncher, eh? See, I knew you were Type A! lol!

STYX?!! Really?!! LOL!!!

Oh, yeah, I can SO see that no mood swings thing...you just stay high in the sky ALL the time! :D

Melody said...

Congrats on the award, Sandy! You definitely deserve it! It's so great getting to know you more through your answers!

bermudaonion said...

I agree with Alice - you're a beautiful blogger! I loved reading the fun facts about you!

Julie P. said...

You sound like such a great person! I hope we can meet each other some day!

Anna said...

You certainly are a beautiful blogger! You totally deserve this!

I enjoyed getting to know you a little better through your list.

And thanks for passing it on to me. I really, really appreciate it.

Oh, and I'm happy to say that despite a bit of an ice storm on Thursday, the snow is pretty much all gone.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

caite said...

well, thank you very much Sandy!

And I too enjoyed the seven items. A CPA huh...I would not have guessed that for some reason.

Yes, our snow is gone, for the moment but we are off to a good start this year. The ice Thursday morning, yes. As a guy said to me as I was walking into a convenience store. it was like driving on a road covered with icy BBs. You gotta love it...lol

Molly said...

I just love reading random facts about others - and yet can never think of a single fact worth mentioning about myself.

I tend to be the wallflower at the party, so I hope someday we are at the same gathering and your gregarious personality will draw me out of my shell :)

Congratulations on such a well-deserved award!

Literary Feline said...

You truly are beautiful, Sandy! I love that you were obsessed with playing Styx songs on the piano. LOL

ds said...

Congratulations--you most definitely deserve this.
Styx, eh? Hmmmmm... Just when you think you know a person ;)

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Fun facts! And it is a beautiful button. Congratulations on the award!

ANovelMenagerie said...

Oh, congrats! I didn't know you were a CPA. COOL!

Iliana said...

What a sweet award and very well deserved!

Is this the first time you mention piano lessons? I don't remember that but how funny that you were trying to master Styx songs :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your very pretty award! I always wished I'd learned to play the piano when I was younger.

Beth F said...

Congrats on your award! And congrats to those awarded. Happy, happy new year to you, my friend.

Jenners said...

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto ...

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

Congrats on the award and thank you so much for passing it along to me. I just love your fun facts! I am pretty even keeled as well.

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on another well-deserved award! It is wonderful to get to know you better through these little bits!

Serena said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it onto me! Wow! I love that you obsessed over playing songs by Styx!

I'll have to find time to post this later on!

Melissa said...

That's a great list, but I would have never pegged you for a CPA! I need to be more adventurous with my cooking. I always seem to make the same things...