Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: St. George Island #1



I should work for the tourism bureau of St. George Island, because I will never stop shutting up about it.  Living in Florida, we have access to, and have experienced, many many beaches.  But this one?  By far it is our favorite.  It is up in the panhandle, right in the armpit, as I like to say.  It is unspoiled, with just a few shops and restaurants, and a bunch of beach houses, protected nature reserves and dirt roads.  If you want a little civilization, you can hop across the bridge to Apalachicola.    

This past year we went up for Thanksgiving Week.  It was probably our 6th or 8th trip to our favorite little island, and it felt like we were coming home.  This is a picture of our first sunrise of the week.



10 comments:

Beth F said...

Wow. Gorgeous!

bermudaonion said...

I wish I were there right now.

Meg @ write meg! said...

Lovely! There's something so magical about being up at sunrise. I guess because I rarely see it, and it's amazing seeing the whole world burst to life . . .

Zibilee said...

So, so beautiful. I love sunrise on the beach, it's so magical and peaceful.

Alyce said...

I have no concept of what it's like on the coast of the "armpit" so this is enlightening. :)

caite said...

I am not familiar with this place...but that is one lovely pic.

Agen Xamthone Plus kota Kisaran said...

Hallo apa kabar ?

Agen Xamthone Plus Kaban Jahe said...

Ikut gabung sini ya

Agen Xamthone Plus Laguboti said...

salam kenal dan salam hangat selalu

Agen Xamthone Plus Lubuk Pakam said...

sukses slalu