Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Salon: Magic

Hey y'all!  Yes I'm still alive.  I have been pretty absent from the webz this week.  Sorry, I'm in vacation mode.  I will be returning home next week so we'll see if I can't get back into some kind of groove then.  


On the farm, we've been involved with kittehs.  My daughter, the cat whisperer, found three tiny little ones in the barn that were very sick and had been abandoned by their mother.  She attempted to nurse them back to health, but to no avail.  My dad finally caved and took them to the vet but two died.  (Sad face.)  The one seems to be on the mend.  Then we got two free black kittehs from an ad in the paper, and after two days, one disappeared and we assumed that the coyotes (which run wild around these parts) ate it.  It was spotted however about a half mile from the house up a tree.  My dad borrowed a bucket truck from a neighbor and my MOTHER went up in it and saved the poor thing.  Lord almighty.  My daughter has been getting driving lessons as well.  Not involved in that one.  And the kids have been going to the shooting range, learning the art of the firearm with my dad.  Not involved in that one either.


I have spent this past weekend with high school friends.  We do this every year, and is therapy.  We drink, we eat, we get together with other high school friends, we act like fools.  We went book shopping and had a long discussion about how one of us (Julie) has a serious crush on Joshilyn Jackson and wants to date her.  Or at least have her children.  I get that, I do.  We also took this opportunity to see Magic Mike.  Godawful movie plot, but SMOKING hot.  Like, it took an hour to get my heart rate back under a heart attack range.  So here is a little something for you ladies to enjoy this morning. 












You are welcome.  My reading is just off-the-map slow.  I THINK I might be able to get Karin Slaughter's "Criminal" finished on audio before Tuesday, but is going to take some work, like lock myself in the bathroom for a few hours kinda work.  HOWEVER.  This installment in the series is the best yet.  You can't miss it if you like Will Trent et al.  I'm also about 35% through Gillian Flynn's "Sharp Objects" in print and it is quite good.


So I'm off again.  Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to catching back up with you later next week!     









23 comments:

Literate Housewife said...

Thanks for the picture! I don't plan on watching it myself, but I have been enjoying the stills. ;-)

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Those are interesting kitten adventures. I bet your daughter is learning a lot.

I hope you enjoyed the end of Criminal. I did!

bermudaonion said...

Y'all are busy! A friend and I talked about going to see Magic Mike this week but have decide to go see Moonrise Kingdom instead.

Marianne Murphy said...

Loved the movie, not for the acting or plot. Just plain fun to watch!

Carrie K. said...

Glad you're enjoying your vacation. :)

Ana S. said...

Who has time for the Internet when there are kittehs around? ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a lot of kitten drama for one week! I hope the little one pulls through and the other two don't get up to any more mischief!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I cannot believe how much you do and STILL get read! Jealous!

Kimberly (Reflections of a Book Addict) said...

#1 Yay for saving kittehs!

#2 Magic Mike? YUM.

Jenners said...

OK … so who did you think was the hottest?????? I need to know!!

That is sad about the kittens. : (

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Hahaha ooooh Magic Mike. I know too many young single ladies to not know everything about this movie. Lordy!

Heidenkind said...

Why go see the movie? You can just stare at the posters. :)

Trisha said...

Part of the experience of Magic Mike was all the ladies in the theatre. It was so much fun. And man oh lordy, those muscles and moves.

Alyce said...

Wow, cat drama! Your mom sounds really cool. And I had no idea what that movie was about - I had to go look it up. I am so out of the loop!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Oh, Magic Mike. I'm still scratching my head wondering what is going on when some of these guys who are fairly decent actors decide to do the male version of "Showgirls?" I mean, Matthew McConaughey could do a romantic comedy and take his shirt off and still get the love and adoration he clearly always likes to get, but this film choice just seemed weird for him. I mean, I much prefer him in something like The Lincoln Lawyer than the rom-coms he stars in. Ah, well. I have no idea why I'm trying to understand the mind of a Hollywood actor! I just think he could be better than that!

Okay, and wow! You have a crazy time with all the kitty cats! But, I get it, I love the little cuties as well.

Ti said...

What is it about Matt M? He is so damn hot.

The Bumbles said...

Um - OK - just stating the obvious here, but who exactly is going to focus on reading when images of those smokin' hot abs dance through your head?

Zibilee said...

Oh my gosh, if your daughter and mine got together... I can just see piles of kittens everywhere! Also, thanks for the picture of the babes. I needed that today. I can't wait until you are back in town so we can gab and share books! I have missed you, but I am glad that you are having such a nice time with family and friends!

Marie Cloutier said...

:-) sounds like a really great weekend! I'm sure you had a lot of fun.

caite said...

Cat drama and shirtless men..what a week!

Anonymous said...

I get to go ogle all the men in Magic Mike later this week, so I won't have to be jealous of those of you who have already seen it.

Julie P. said...

My book club talked about going to see this movie but I admit I'm less than thrilled!

Melissa said...

I'm so out of touch these days....I kept seeing Magic Mike mentioned all over FB and had to search to see what the movie was about!

Kathleen said...

Sounds like you are having a fun vacation and I guess I am so behind in my blog reading that you are home many weeks ago now!