Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Salon: Easter tidings

First of all, let me wish you all a very Happy Easter!  He is risen!  We are actually attending the sunrise mass at 7am, so I am cheating a little and writing this on Saturday night.  AND THEN...we shall be going to brunch at Roy's (Hawaiian fusion cuisine) where I will not only participate in a proper three course meal including dessert but shall share a bottle of bubbly with my husband as well.  I will probably slip into guilt-mode and need to walk or do the elliptical or something later, but I shall allow myself this indulgence that is going to be AWESOME.  (On the other hand, I just bought a new floatie for my pool, so...maybe I'll forego the walking and just float and read all afternoon.)


I had a short week this week, if you count an official week as owning my days.  I had a golf tournament, workouts and a horseback lesson up through Wednesday, then the kids were out on spring break, which continues for another week.  This is all good...there is a modicum of sleeping in (unless we all head over to Andre's for the 8am workout) but there is also a lot of running around doing things to entertain the little angels.  On Thursday and Friday, this included animal shelter duties, a Magic basketball game, special mother/children Andre workouts, and church.  


So the reading and blogging.  I am feeling a failure on these counts.  I did listen to "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green, but found that there were six discs for the book and I only loaded five somehow.  I cannot EXPRESS the emotional distress this caused me.  I had to freaking BUY the damn thing on my Kindle to finish it.  I was not happy.  Still the book...so good.  Then I received, like a gift from above, an audio copy of "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson (the Bloggess) in the mail from Penguin Audio (love you, mean it).  That beauty went right to the top of the priority list, and I'm really close to finishing that one.  I can't wait to write the review.


In print reading, I am still (and forever will be I think) working my way through Nesbo's "The Leopard" which, as I said last week, is like 2 million pages long and 10 pounds in weight.  I have also uploaded it from Overdrive to my phone so I can read it in places where a large tome can't go or when I am too weak to carry it.  I'm trying, I'm really trying.  I am also leisurely reading a book of poems by Ethan Coen.  Because it is National Poetry Month!


Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and a restful Sunday.  And know that by 2pm EST, I shall be full of food and champagne and will be asleep in the sun.  
  

18 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Are you taking horseback riding lessons?

Megan said...

Hawaiian fusion cuisine? That sounds awesome! Plus reading and floating? Wish I was there! ;-)

Happy Easter!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Happy Easter! Hope you enjoy the brunch!

Carrie K. said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful Easter planned! And I say read in the pool - guilt shouldn't be allowed on Easter Sunday. :)

I got the Coen poems in the mail this week, too, but haven't had time to start them yet.

Finished The Fault in Our Stars last night - ripped my heart right out.

Unknown said...

Happy Easter to you and your family, Sandy!

Enjoy the brunch, it sounds wonderful especially the bubbly ~ no guilt it's Easter and a Sunday, you have to kick back and relax after a good meal!

Your bad week of reading is impressive! I'm looking forward to your review of The Leopard and John Green's new book.

I hope you have a good week!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I seriously cannot believe I haven't picked up Jo Nesbø yet! #epicfail on my part. I have The Redbreast sitting on my desk.

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! You deserve a guilt-free dessert, so enjoy!

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Ah, hope today is happy for you and yours!

ds said...

Ahhh....you've been asleep in the sun for 20 minutes now (give or take). Hope you are enjoying it. Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Does Hawaiian fusion include spam? The Hawaiian places out here all have spam on the menu. I've tried it, it's okay, but it's not bringing back my childhood memories since I didn't grow up on the island.

Anonymous said...

The Leopard is on my wish list so thanks for the warning. I had no idea it was so long. I hope you enjoy your Easter! I had a great brunch too and I definitely indulged.

Alyce said...

Happy Easter! That sounds like a lovely day you've got planned. :) The mother/children workouts are a neat idea.

Florinda said...

Happy Easter, and enjoy your post-Lenten indulgences!

I just read Jenny Lawson's book and will be interested in your thoughts on the audio.

caite said...

I went to 8am Mass...church was packed...wonder where they are every other week...lol
Then headed out for an hour and a half drive, in two cars to my sil's brothers for a great dinner. They have two HUGE dogs and it was interesting with Sammy and Bandit there. Sammy was brave..bandit not so much...lol

Btw, I read The Faults in Our Stars this week too..must write review...

Darlene said...

Happy Easter to you and your family Sandy. It sounds like you had a lovely day planned yesterday - hope it was as good as it sounds. I can't even begin to express how jealous I am of you laying in the pool reading while I'm still looking at snow. Lol.

Zibilee said...

Yay! Lent is over...bring on the mimosas! So glad to hear that you had a relatively relaxing week, and I hope that continues for you. Happy Easter to you and the family. Have a great week over there!

Julie P. said...

No idea how you fit everything in. I just upped my workout routine and it seems all consuming! You must not sleep.

Kathleen said...

Sounds like you had a nice Easter. I love Roy's. I go to the one in Monterey, CA and the one in Hawaii and have never had a bad meal at either location!