13 Things I Love About Poland
This current trip to Poland will be my sixth. By now I am quite clear on what I look forward to and what I don't. Here are a few things that make the trip a joy, in no particular order.
1. They like Americans.
2. My mother-in-law's cooking. Everything by scratch - all traditional Polish food!
3. Polish chocolate (Wedel). We eat so much of it the kids usually get sick.
4. Stunning, majestic old churches. Pictures to come.
5. Home of Pope John Paul.
6. Huge vertical shopping malls in the middle of the city.
7. The Tatra mountain range. Pictures to come.
8. Polish vodka, cheap.
9. Rich in WWII history...a virtual treasure trove for anyone with an interest.
10. Amber, everywhere. Beautiful jewelry, rosaries, trinkets, even wine bottle stoppers.
11. Seeing my in-laws languish in their grandchildren.
12. Fresh, homemade smoked cheese (oscypka), for sale anywhere you can see a sheep. Preferably eaten when still warm.
13. Pierogies, filled with anything from meat, potatoes, cheese, fruit, and chocolate. Food of the Gods, man.
I'd add another number about Speedos if, in fact, good looking men wore them in Europe. I have yet to prove that this exists.
Please refer to The Bumbles comments below for the link to other T13 participants! Stay tuned next week for 13 things about Poland that drive me crazy...