- Today my family and I are leaving for our trip to Poland to see the in-laws. We'll be away for about two and half weeks, and will have very limited Internet access. This will be a true test of my stamina, and could determine whether the damn thing is a true addiction! Cold turkey, people!
I guess I wouldn't expect our house-sitter to take care of our animals AND write my posts. That would probably be asking too much, don't you think? So I have scheduled all of my posts in advance, with the help of my blogsitter, The Bumbles, who are the greatest blog friends ever! Here is my game plan:
- I will continue to participate in the Monday Movie Meme. Molly has kindly provided me the topics in advance! I will also continue my Wordless Wednesdays.
- While I am away, I will participate in the Tuesday Teaser Meme, with teasers from the books I hope to read while I am away. I'll also participate in the Thursday 13 Meme - the Poland editions. Each Thursday I'm away, I will list 13 things I love about Poland, 13 things that drive me crazy about Poland, and 13 things we will see on our trip.
- Molly will add the links for these memes in the comments section of these posts each week.
- I will feature guest posts each Friday from bloggers in the community. This will be a great opportunity for you to get a sample of the talented, creative folks I follow on a daily basis.
With 17 hours of travel time coming and going, and lots of free time there, what ever will I read? Here is what I have loaded on my Kindle:
- Great Expectations
- The Woman in White
- Little Women
- Jane Eyre
- Anna Karenina
- The Master and Margarita - Mikhail Bulgakov
- The Problem with Murmur Lee - Connie May Fowler
- When Katie Wakes - Connie May Fowler
- The Mascot - Mark Kurzem (for WWII reading challenge)
- Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor E. Frankl (for WWII reading challenge)
- Say You're One of Them - Uwem Akpan (for TBR reading challenge)
- Sashenka - Simon Montefiore (for TBR reading challenge)
- Assegai - Wilbur Smith
Don't forget the iPod! Here is what I have loaded for my listening pleasure:
- The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Fiery Cross - Diana Gabaldon
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - Jamie Ford
- Gone Tomorrow - Lee Child
- The Given Day - Dennis Lehane
- Wicked Prey - John Sandford
- The Little Stranger - Sarah Waters
- The Wordy Shipmates - Sarah Vowell
I haven't made any final decisions on what I will dive into first. I will let inspiration and mood be my guide! This is a peek inside my psyche; this is really how I live my life. I am guilty of "stocking up" on things...food, makeup, shoes, just in case of an emergency. God forbid I should need something and not have it on hand. Books are no different.
I will miss you all! See you back on July 3rd!