So yes, it is Sunday morning and I'm already wanting wine. It's been that kind of week! When is it ever NOT that kind of week? Ha! I always worry that I sound whiny (wine-y), so I'll just quickly run down this week's highlights.
* One kid home with a stomach bug for most of the week. With only three weeks of school left, I have anxiety attacks on accumulation of homework and tests.
* The other kid in the throes of her first AP exam, and looming finals. Misery thy name is she. I just stayed out of her way basically, and fetched ice cream and M&M's when she made the request, like the maid servant that I am.
* Realize the Nawrot compound is soon going to be overgrown with vines and weeds. Spend a solid three days in the yard. Thank God for audios.
* The neighbor's cat (who we feed and entertain) decided to DIE in our bushes. After investigating awful smell, husband must don HAZMAT suit and dispose of the poor creature. Worry about why a healthy cat decided to die (poisoning? rogue coyote?) and worry about the fate of my six furry babies whom I love so much.
* The eldest furry baby, who was quite fond of neighbor cat, is faced with his own mortality, and decides to assert his dominance by suddenly resurrecting his hunting skills after years of being old and tired. Didn't witness the carnage of the bird (first picture below) but got the full show of his wrath on the squirrel (second picture). Isn't that nice!
My golf league had their end-of-the-year bash on Thursday night and it was so GOOD to see some of my dear friends. I have not been a frequent golfer this year, which makes me sad. Hopefully when the season starts back up again in September I will be in a better position to participate.
My husband and son took off on Saturday morning, finalized registration for football in August, my son played in an All-Star volleyball game to end the season, then took off for the panhandle to do some deep sea fishing with a work colleague. So my daughter, slightly happier after finishing the AP exam, and I spent the day shopping (included underwear, Brighton, clothes, Vera Bradley and books), dining at a new sushi restaurant, and seeing Iron Man 3. All really good therapy for what ails you.
Besides animal shelter duty this morning, I'm not sure what we will do. I'm thinking maybe hanging by the pool and catching up on reading. Seems like a fine idea. Speaking of reading, I did finally finish Michael Morris's "A Place Called Wiregrass" and loved it so darned much. Oh my goodness. Love him and all his Southern awesomeness. I just picked up Liane Moriarty's "The Hypnotist's Love Story" (she wrote "What Alice Forgot"). I just love that woman. She get's it.
On audio, I finished "The Dinner" by Herman Koch (all I have to say is WOW) as well as "The Other Typist" by Suzanne Rindell (another brain-twister). For shits and giggles I have just started Jen Lancaster's "Here I Go Again" and I already almost ran off the road twice, she gave me belly laughs. Her sense of humor is exactly what I needed!
So let me know how you are all doing. Do you have a good Sunday planned? Are you reading anything that I MUST put on my list?