Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Wroclaw #3


This was another chamber within the Wroclaw University, which was used for lectures, speeches and various musical events.  Can you imagine attending a lecture in this room?  With all the distractions?  It was breath-taking.  It would be perfect for a wedding, but I'm not sure if that is allowed.  This room was located very close to the University Church and decorated in the same Baroque style.  I'm having a hard time finding information about this room, but I have to imagine it was built about the same time as the church (late 1600's). 

12 comments:

Beth F said...

Wow! That's some ornate chamber. I would love to listen to music in that room. What an experience.

bermudaonion said...

Oh my gosh, that is a fabulous room. I would be totally distracted if I was attending class there.

caite said...

wow, all that work for a lecture hall?

Meg @ write meg! said...

No, I could definitely not attend a lecture in there -- I'd be too preoccupied figuring out how to photograph everything from the best angle! Our college lecture halls were bo-ring in comparison. (Though they were old, too.)

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Yep, that would be a very distracting place for me too! Can you imagine dusting all that ornate woodwork? It's stunning!

Anonymous said...

I love the ornate Old World architecture.
Here is my Wordless Wednesday: Melacholy Morning

Zibilee said...

Oh heck yeah, I would totally be distracted if I took any kind of class in there. It is beautiful though, and I bet even more so in person!

Anonymous said...

There's no way I could pay attention to a lecture. I'd be all "oooh, look at that...and that...and that...".

Alyce said...

It's gorgeous! I could see being happily distracted there. :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I would be so intimidated to get married here. The building would be more beautiful than the bride!

Darlene said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I would get no concentrating done in this room at all. I'd be too busy looking around.

Melody said...

Wow, that's beautiful!