Saturday, May 9, 2009
Earlier this week, I was tagged for an upbeat little meme by Susan at Bear Swamp Reflections. Now before I go any further, I have to wax lovingly about Susan's blog, which is fairly new to me. She has recently finished a seven post series on a photo album that she picked up in an antique shop. The photos are of a vacation taken in the early 1900's by a group of three women and a man (we think, who may be the photographer) overseas to Europe. The pictures are phenomenal, the women interesting. Some of the landmarks are unidentifiable...are they gone now? Some of the activities of the women are mysterious. I had so much fun looking at these pictures, and think that Susan should write a book about them. You must go check them out!
Anyway, on to the meme. In the meme, you need to list ten unimportant things that make you happy. I say, if they make me happy, then they are very important (to me anyway!). Oh well. Here are some of my sources of happiness, in no particular order:
1. A long walk with my audiobook.
2. Writing a review I'm proud of.
3. The smell of freshly cut grass.
4. A weekend evening with no plans.
5. A glass of wine. Or two. Or three.
6. Time with my girlfriends. No kids, no husbands. (No offense.)
7. The beach. Preferably St. George Island, but any will do in a pinch.
8. Playing golf with my husband.
9. Getting a delivery from the library.
10. Spending quality time with my kids. When they aren't fighting or rolling their eyes at me.
I'm supposed to tag some people to play along. But I'm not going to. I am taking a tag hiatus for just awhile. I feel like I have tagged my blogging friends to a bloody pulp with memes and awards. But, if you feel the need for some light musings on happiness, please join in!