Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happiness





Earlier this week, I was tagged for an upbeat little meme by Susan at Bear Swamp Reflections. Now before I go any further, I have to wax lovingly about Susan's blog, which is fairly new to me. She has recently finished a seven post series on a photo album that she picked up in an antique shop. The photos are of a vacation taken in the early 1900's by a group of three women and a man (we think, who may be the photographer) overseas to Europe. The pictures are phenomenal, the women interesting. Some of the landmarks are unidentifiable...are they gone now? Some of the activities of the women are mysterious. I had so much fun looking at these pictures, and think that Susan should write a book about them. You must go check them out!

Anyway, on to the meme. In the meme, you need to list ten unimportant things that make you happy. I say, if they make me happy, then they are very important (to me anyway!). Oh well. Here are some of my sources of happiness, in no particular order:

1. A long walk with my audiobook.

2. Writing a review I'm proud of.

3. The smell of freshly cut grass.

4. A weekend evening with no plans.

5. A glass of wine. Or two. Or three.

6. Time with my girlfriends. No kids, no husbands. (No offense.)

7. The beach. Preferably St. George Island, but any will do in a pinch.

8. Playing golf with my husband.

9. Getting a delivery from the library.

10. Spending quality time with my kids. When they aren't fighting or rolling their eyes at me.


I'm supposed to tag some people to play along. But I'm not going to. I am taking a tag hiatus for just awhile. I feel like I have tagged my blogging friends to a bloody pulp with memes and awards. But, if you feel the need for some light musings on happiness, please join in!

11 comments:

Beth F said...

Thanks so much for sharing this meme and the Susan's blog. I'm intrigued by that photo album and will be heading over to her site to check it out.

I'll keep this nice meme in mind for a day when I don't want to write a review.

Sadako said...

Love all those things. The library rocks.

Susan said...

Sandy, what a sweet tribute! Thank you for being so nice! And after I tagged you and all! I promise I won't do it again. It was nice reading your happy things though!

You always write very good reviews!

XOXOXO
Susan

Carrie K. said...

I enjoyed reading about the things that make you happy. Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Sandy!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Beth - right, I just tucked this meme away for a relaxing post. I hope you enjoyed Susan's blog and her posts. Amazing.

Sadako - yes, I so much love my library. The "order online and deliver to your door" feature is almost too good to be true!

Susan - no! I love to do memes like this! So please tag me as much as you like! I follow a respectable number of blogs, but I feel that I have pummeled them here lately, so I'm just giving everyone a break! I'm so happy to have found your blog!

Carrie - you too! Take a nap! Read a book! Have someone else make dinner!

Matt said...

#2, 4, 5, and 7. I can substitute with a cocktail. Spending time with kids is great, except I don't plan to have my own. I can take care of my nephews. :)

Happy Mother's Day!

Kim said...

Am thinking of the top ten happiness things right now - thank you for sharing it and I will be heading off to look at the photos after sending this note to you. It's good to be back and caught up with your blog, I've been busy with visitors and not had a much time to myself for a couple of weeks. Your previous comments about Kindle are interesting, keep us posted.

Frances said...

Froze in my tracks when I saw the wine glass. Knew there were sure to be things that drew us together aside from books. My brother likes to refer to me as the human wineskin. LOL. And bless you for the tag reprieve. I feel the same way you do lately. Think that the best way we can all connect with each other is to leave meaningful and personal comments on each other's posts. Have a great week!

Melody said...

That's a fun meme, and I love your answers, Sandy!

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Sandy Nawrot said...

Kim - I know exactly how it is with visitors. Its great to have them, but your routine goes to pot.

Frances - human wineskin? That is hilarious! That would be us, as well. In fact, I started limiting myself to wine only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as I have no "one glass a day" self-control!

Melody - thanks! This one was a fun one to do!

Melissa said...

I totally agree with 1 and 6! I really like memes too. They are a fun and easy way to get to know other bloggers better.