Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday: Indiana #4



I spent many weekends in my youth at the Turkey Run State Park, hiking and camping with my friends and family.  Now, when the kids and I go back each summer, we enjoy visiting as well.  The park is in the part of Indiana that has rolling hills, covered bridges and giant sandstone overhangs along little creeks.  Even though the last two times we have visited it has been unearthly hot (woe be the person who gets near ME after a hike!), we wouldn't miss it for the world. 

9 comments:

Zibilee said...

What a lovely set of photos! It looks like the perfect spot to just relax or hike, and your pictures sure do it justice!

Beth F said...

Lovely -- what fun it must be to revisit these places with your kids.

caite said...

not how I picture Indiana..but what do I know.
Especially love that first one, so peaceful looking.

Alyce said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous! I could see why you would want to return again and again.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

That looks like a really lovely walk/hike.

Meg @ write meg! said...

Looks like a very lovely place to hang out and relax! I never used to spend much time in parks, but I've been converted. It's so nice to just sit and soak up some nature now and then.

Melody said...

Lovely! I'd love to visit!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

We used to camp there when I was little all the time!

Kathleen said...

I love your pictures from Indiana. This park looks like a lovely place to visit and spend time.