You'd think we would see a romantic theme today, or maybe something Grammy-ish, but it appears the Bumbles were doing their taxes this weekend, so instead we are talking about money (as in stealing it, spending it, or Lord have mercy, giving it away). Luckily, there is no end to movies about money...they are probably more numerous than movies about love. (What does that say about us?) Here are a few that we enjoy in the Nawrot household:
1. Wall Street - obviously. This movie is the original lesson plan for greed.
2. Trading Places - all about the almighty dollar, but definitely more light-hearted. I have this one permanently on my iPod, because it is always good for a laugh. Also a great movie for Jamie Lee Curtis to showcase her new boob job, and wins the award for the best drunk Santa scene.
3. A Simple Plan - a most excellent movie, riveting to the point of putting a hard knot in your stomach, about two brothers and a friend who find a few mil in a plane that crashed on their property. Funny how scenarios like this always head south...
4. Millions - more found money, but this time by a seven-year-old in England, and as charming as a movie can get.
5. There Will Be Blood - I don't remember seeing too much paper money in this movie, but instead it was in the form of oil. And the plot is just as dark - I felt like I needed a shower when it was all said and done. I drink your milkshake!
6. The Counterfeiters - based on a true story about the largest counterfeiting operation in history, organized by the Nazis in a concentration camp. Received quite a bit of love at the Oscars a few years ago. If you don't mind subtitles, you must add this one to your Netflix Q toot sweet.
I actually came up with a few more, but I like to limit myself to six. I must give you time to visit the other participants of this very fun meme!